What grosses you out?

JerryR

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2002 10:02 pm
Here are the earwigs:

http://www.laters.com/insects/earwigs.htm
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2002 10:03 pm
They are yucky little insects that hide under the hose, and in the bird feeder, and in the lettuce (in the garden -- not in the frig), and between the door and the frame. They have pinchers and look mean and nasty and creepy crawly.http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/ent/notes/Urban/images/euro_earwigs.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2002 10:45 pm
I DON'T LIKE EARWIGS! Or silverfish. Or boxelder bugs, especially en masse. Any kind of bug en masse, in my house, tends to bother me. Even ants. Had a whole kitchen full of the things in Pasadena a few times... blech.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2002 10:47 pm
centipedes give me the willies!!

(and not in the way that I like either)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2002 10:47 pm
Hee hee!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2002 11:20 pm
Eeew Bandylu, I am grossed out.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:36 am
Earwig- Any of various elongate insects of the order Dermaptera, having a pair of pincerlike appendages protruding from the rear of the abdomen.

No, I didn't make that up. I got it out of the dictionary!
Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:39 am
Click on this to see:

More than You Ever Wanted to Know About Earwigs!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 06:24 am
I didn't know they ate my plants!

I am grossed out by the mitey/lousey things that live in the base of our eyelashes and come out to graze at night.

I have seen a picture of them, greatly enlarged, of course, and they are VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY ugly li'l suckers.

I tried to starve 'em by leaving the light on for a week when I slept - and then forgot about them - until now.......
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 06:32 am
This is NOT for the squeamish!

http://www.geocities.com/thesciencefiles/eyelash/creatures.html

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/ward_e/bit819a.html

http://www.sciencephoto.com/html_features_archive/archiveStory.html?id=967&featureid=758
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 06:36 am
dlowan-

There is a veritable jungle, right in our homes, that we cannot see.

Remind me not to buy you a microscope for your birthday! Laughing
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 08:18 am
Bandylu, I think earwigs are the things eating my hostas. I used to suspect slugs but I've never caught a single slug. I've found many earwigs under the leaves, though. They will occasionally get into the house, too. EEEEWWWWW!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 08:25 pm
I am perfectly willing to let all manner of insect live in my yard -- but once they invade my house, that's it!!!! Especially if they're ugle and yucky and have pinchers and sneak around and hide under things. We've had visits by many crickets this year (in the house) for some reason and in most cases I was able to capture them and return them to the great outdoors. Earwigs, however, are never given a second chance.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 07:16 pm
The smell of the water treatment sludge plant on a summer's afternoon.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 07:20 pm
Insects used to gross me out-until I had to do an insect collection for biology class. That's one subject which is very effective at curing phobias. Either get over it or drop out.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 08:17 pm
Snot.
Mucus.
Loogies.

Now I have to scrub my entire body with steaming hot water.
0 Replies

snoopie72

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 08:26 pm
What grosses me out (besides many of the above mentioned) is people eating on the T (subway here in Boston). There is just something about it that gets to me. Once while riding the green line a girl was eating an ice cream in one of those huge waffle cones....the ones you need a spoon for. Well let's just say it looked like she was having carnal knowledge of that ice cream and to me that was just a little too gross for public transportation.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 08:28 pm
The sight of starving children. ;( c.i.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 08:46 pm
Any form of cruelty to animals.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 01:36 am
I'm almost un-gross-out-able. I can watch anything in a movie. Bugs don't bother me. I can talk about any and all manner of disgusting things while dining.

BUT, many years ago I had surgery. A drain was in me. When the drain came out, I bled. Blood does not gross me out. But in this case, I heard my own blood gurgle. This grossed me out. I nearly fainted.
0 Replies