0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:17 pm
repeat post deleted.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:19 pm
Sigh, summer, pah!

Have I already voted? I will drink red and white in summer and winter (respectively), I also wear black in the summer. So there.

Anyway, I like syrah/shiraz, pinot noir, sangiovese(?), lots of table reds and pinot grigio, sauv blanc, chardonnay...... I like wine. Merlot and red zins on occasion also work.
0 Replies

pangolin

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:39 am
Bubbly!
I will toast a glass of bubbly to all of you that have put posts on this topic wishing you the best of the holiday season.

Some people just save Champagne and sparkling wine for special occasions. As far as I am concerned every day you open your eyes in the morning is a special occasion. What's your favourite bubbly?

Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 12:13 pm
When we got married someone got us a bottle of Dom Perignon. We had that and groom cake for breakfast the next morning. Best champagne I ever tasted.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 12:29 pm
I like champagne. Wonder why it's only popular with special occassions. Then again, only time I've gone out and bought it just to drink it was to drink with some hizzo I was going to get nekkid with.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 01:14 pm
Oh, Slappy so that is why that SOB bought that bottle of champagne on my first and only blind date! (It didn't work by the way!)
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:24 pm
Slappy

What is a "hizzo?" Never heard that before.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:30 pm
White. I am a racist wine drinker.

My favorite is Santa Margarhita Pinot Grigio. Fabulous.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:37 pm
paulaj wrote:
Slappy

What is a "hizzo?" Never heard that before.

You've never heard it, because it's a semi-made up word.

Slang for "ho."
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:49 pm
Slappy
That's so nice..................champagne and Ho's, what a wonderful evening you must have had. It reminds me of a "Halmark" commercial.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:51 pm
ho ho's? Who's got Ho Ho's?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 03:13 pm
I gots ho hos. You want to be one.

Slappy's ho ho's git paid damn good, too.

You show Slappy the money, Slappy show his hizzo's da money.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 03:51 pm
What kind of a crazy deal is that?
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 07:51 pm
Re: Rieslings and Muscats...try Torrontes
pangolin wrote:
Portal Star...and every one else,

You might want to try a grape native to Argentina called "Torrontes". The best wines from the Torrontes grapes come from the northern part of the Mendoza province. They are not easy to find but are worth the search. It results in a wine that is a little bit Riesling, a little bit Muscat, a little bit Gewurtztraminer and something else. It is so versatile it goes with a lot of different types of foods, especially ones with a bit of spice. I discovered this grape only 5 months ago and think the resulting wines can be amazing. Watch out for Argentina!

I had a big crush in high school on this guy named Torrente, so I'll remember that. Thanks!
0 Replies

KnewTwoWine

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 04:42 pm
@pangolin,
i just enjoyed a bottle of Torrontes last week with some Indian cuisine i liked it with the curry...
0 Replies