Corporations don't create jobs, DEMAND creates jobs. Watch Nick Hanauer's TED Talk

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2017 08:03 pm

Corporations don't create jobs, DEMAND creates jobs. Watch Nick Hanauer's TED Talk
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,914 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2017 08:12 pm

Trickle Down Economics False, Middle Out is the Best Policy
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 11:41 am
I recently had posted this video on another thread. I am also posting it on this thread because it is perfectly suited for this thread.

Trump Says He Doesn’t Want Poor People Working In His Cabinet - The Ring Of Fire
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 12:42 pm
@Real Music,
I won't look at the video as I prefer not to ever look at the man.

I'm not an educated economist or even a stupid one, but I do understand that demand is the mover, for however short or long a time. I suppose corporations are in there noodling about, but don't assume they are doing other than working out ways to pump up demand.
Real Music

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 02:29 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
won't look at the video as I prefer not to ever look at the man.

I'm not an educated economist or even a stupid one, but I do understand that demand is the mover, for however short or long a time. I suppose corporations are in there noodling about, but don't assume they are doing other than working out ways to pump up demand.
I am not sure that you understand what this thread is suppose to be about. Maybe you are not the only one. There may be others. Maybe it's my fault for not making subject matter of the thread more clear. In this thread I was attempting to put a spot light or highlight the evil immoral acts of big corporations. I was attempting to show how corporate greed has continued to hurt American workers. I was attempting to show how corporate greed has continued to hurt American consumers. I was attempting to show how corporate greed has continued to hurt American tax payers. I was attempting to show how corporate greed has continued to hurt public safety. I was attempting to show how corporate greed has continued to hurt the environment. If my thread was unclear, I need to better work on my communication skills. Each of the videos I posted on this thread is an attempt to highlight the harm that comes from corporate greed. I know you said that you don't want to watch the video. I suspect that you will probably approve of the video.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 02:39 pm
@Real Music,
Your guess is right as I agree with your take though possibly not fully. Corporations arrive in various sizes, even small or very small good firms; people do incorporate, and maybe there are other, larger ones, that are not horrid.

I'm not a business person.
I'll leave you alone.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 05:41 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I should have added, I won't watch a Ted Talk, because I've quite poor sound now on my computer. I used to usually enjoy them.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 05:41 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

I need to better work on my communication skills.

^^ Yes.

If you wanted to let people know what you want a thread to be about, it's probably a good idea to state it in the title of the thread.

Also, that repeating of the same phrase (I was attempting to show) is pretty condescending. It really doesn't work in real life the way some speech instructor intends it too.

So, corporations can be greedy, and act in evil ways.

What else is new?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 06:09 am
@Real Music,
He has a few things wrong in his talk. Tax rates is twisted, the average American doesn't pay 35 % in taxes, that is reserved for those who earn the most income, like the 1%... someone making min wage or even under 50k a year doesn't come close to paying their proper tax rate. A majority of people who earn 50k a year or less get far more back in tax returns than they pay into the federal system.

He also has his theory of pay vs taxes vs "business's don't create jobs..."
If they didn't create a product, what are they going to sell? I don't care how much money he makes, if he were to run his business according to what he thinks is fair, he wouldn't have a business for long.
chai2

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 09:23 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo, I'll admit I haven't yet watched the videos. I'm not a huge TED talks fan as more than half the time whatever the speaker is trying to say could be said it n a third of the time.

I'll have to go take a look at this one after I've had a cuppa.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 10:47 am
Elizabeth Warren’s Consumer Protection Group Under Attack From Sociopath Corporations

Published on Jul 14, 2017
0 Replies