PBS: The Tunnel

gollum

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2017 07:57 pm
I live in New York City. Is there any way for me to see The View? It is supposed to be on PBS but I don't see it on PBS.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 891 • Replies: 8
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2017 09:04 pm
@gollum,
Some sort of online streaming service?

Buy the Blu Rays when they become available?

Alternate PBS stations? At this point they will be several episodes into the season, but if you record and keep the later episodes, they will be available for you as soon as you manage to get ahold of the earlier episodes.

Perhaps a PBS station that isn't showing it now will show it later. Do you have some sort of TIVO type of device that you can program to scan for and record the show if it suddenly comes on late at night and you haven't noticed?
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2017 09:17 pm
You mean the women's current affairs talk show started by Barbara Walters? It's not on PBS, it's on ABC.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2017 09:59 pm
@gollum,
There are at least 2 options for watching The Tunnel. For PBS WNET channel-13, access their website for the episodes at: www.pbs.org/program/tunnel/

Alternatively, it airs on the PBS station WLIW channel 21, Tuesdays at 10::00-p.m.
gollum

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2017 06:02 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis-

Thank you.

As to Channel 13, your link says:

S2 Ep4: Episode 4
Aired: 2017-07-06 12:00:00 49:57 Expires: 07/21/17 Rating: TV-14

So, I think it is broadcast on on Thursdays at 12:00.

12 midnight or 12 noon?

I'm not sure what Rating: TV-14 means.

jespah

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2017 09:14 am
@gollum,
Rating TV 14 is a bit like PG-13 in the movies. You might see an occasional breast or hear a swear word or two.
gollum

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2017 12:43 pm
@jespah,
jespah-

Thank you.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2017 01:12 pm
@gollum,
The channel 13 website link shows the time frame in which the program is expected to be available on their website. After that time, they may very well cease airing the episode.

Regarding the question of noon or midnight, neither is currently showing The Tunnel, instead they have other programs being aired.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2017 05:36 am
@gollum,
I get two PBS stations. One of them showed Series 2 of The Tunnel earlier this summer as scheduled. One of them didn't.

The one that didn't show it back then is about to show it now, Sundays after Endeavour (young Inspector Morse).

I don't know if the same is about to happen with your TV station that didn't show it earlier, but I thought I'd alert you to the possibility in case they do something similar.
0 Replies