where is everyone?
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 02:26 am
where is everyone?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 03:22 am
It is you who keeps disappearing Queenie.

Have you not checked the Trivia threads.That's where all the good stuff is.

Just click on my user name and click on thread and there you are.You could be addicted in no time.Right up your street.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:14 am
addiction........sounds like fun
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:43 am
Not as much fun as some things but beggars can't be choosers.

Wasn't it gentlemanly of me not to take on your excuses post on BD?
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 02:34 am
Ok. I have been doing the game that nobody understands to try and boost my posts. I think you probably need 250 before you can pm people.

I keep disappearing to the beach Cool
It's been really hot recently.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 11:44 am
"Any theory,any idea,any speculation can augment the zest for life so long as one does not make the mistake of thinking that he is getting somewhere."

Henry Miller.My Life As An Echo.
0 Replies

puffthemajicdragonallday

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 12:28 am
note
stupendous
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 01:18 am
Spendius, I think alot of people here are demonstrating your point and have not truly considered it. I've spent alot of time debating religion and politics.Is the point of argument that we both might become right? or is it that I am right and you are wrong? Is human progress my true motive? This is weighing heavy on me.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 10:51 am
hi spendi.........I'm sorry I've been so busy. But I have an excellent excuse. My daughter was here last week. We were looking for an apartment for her because she's moving here to be in the same city as her dear Mom. Damn........ It was hot! We found a good apartment and now Bernie and I have to fly to Oregon (one last time) and help her pack up her things to move. I'll be back next week. I've missed you and all my friends on a2k, but I shall return.

I hope you're doing well.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 11:06 am
Lola - Haven't seen you for ages...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 11:14 am
Lola-

That's a relief.I thought something had happened.Some of your word game posts were a little enigmatic especially that one sliding down a razor blade into a tub of alcohol.

I heard about your weather on CBS.It must be a strain.

See you soon then.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 02:28 pm
Nice to see you back Lola, I had vision's of you rummaging around the sewer system of Manhattan,
looking for Spendius, as oriental magic, had given you a hint that this pretend to be British scoundrel was actually a Queen's hobo living down there with a stolen lap top illegally wired into the sewer emergency call line.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 11:18 am
You are all so sweet to me. I'm not gone, just busy. I'm excited that my daughter is moving to New York and I'm happy to be helping her. My other daughter (my youngest) has moved from here (Oregon) to South Carolina but she and her boyfriend are arriving here in Oregon tonight (having driven across the country, stopping in Chicago for a concert) so I'll be having a good time with my kids. They (youngest and boyfriend) are then going to drive a lot of stuff (furniture and personal possessions) back to Texas. Then back to South Carolina before school starts in September. That's what Summer's for after all, seeing the world.

I'll try to check in when I can. I'll be back in New York in about a week. Walter is coming for a visit to New York August 8 - 10. That will be fun. I missed him the last time he came through. I was in Texas at the time. Bernie was the only one privileged to see him. Then we're going to Vancouver the last two weeks in August. Things will get back to normal after that. Happy Summer everyone.

Oh and spendi......sorry about the razor blade joke. It was a joke my father used to make. Hurts to think about it, doesn't it?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 04:16 am
It did.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 06:09 am
"Is debate possible between ignoramuses?"

I think this thread has proven conclusively that it is. Smile
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 06:17 am
Cyracuz wrote:

As we have seen on other threads!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 06:57 am
Sometimes debates can be conducted in ways which are new to people and are thus not recognised as such.

Where they often break down is when one party runs off as has happened quite often.The "Romanticism" and the "Restaurant" debate come quickly to mind and there are others.
These two subjects I have always found to be not debatable by romantics and grovellingly served diners.

There are two important words in the thread title and one is debate.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 04:31 am
Cyracuz wrote:

Laughing Nice 1.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 04:41 am
No wonder you disgraced yourself with your grades.
0 Replies