drafting females

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 05:55 pm
What could be some positive and negatice implications of draftung females?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,015 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 10:26 am
It would bring a better equality to the sexes. The femanazi's among the populace would revolt but then again they want women to be equal to men so bring it on.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 10:27 am
IMO, no one should be drafted.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 10:35 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:

But if a draft is necessary, should anyone of draft age be exempt?
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 11:13 am
Only the disabled
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 12:01 pm
Einherjar wrote:
Only the disabled

Why? There are a lot of non-combat jobs that can be done by some disabled people. Why should not the military acquire the services of the disabled for jobs they can do?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 12:06 pm
I heard this on the radio. Draft the senior citizens, and send them out to fight..........That would take care of both the draft, and social security! Sad
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 12:09 pm
Quote:

Larry 434-I can't find a reason why a draft would be necessary. But for argument's sake, if there were a draft, I don't think that gender should be the rationale for exemption.
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 12:11 pm
What about the elderly?

What about the mentally ill?

What about expecting mothers?
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 12:11 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I heard this on the radio. Draft the senior citizens, and send them out to fight..........That would take care of both the draft, and social security! Sad

And assure we get our butt kicked. Very Happy
0 Replies

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 12:13 pm
Oh yes, and don't leave the leprechauns out! They're fiesty little beggars.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 12:25 pm
I think the first to be drafted should be the sons and daughters of the President, his cabinet and Congress members.

I suspect this would lead to a foreign policy that is a lot more sane.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 12:31 pm
Bibliophile the BibleGuru wrote:
What about the elderly?

Not draft age

Quote:

I meant disabled in the wide sence. Anyone not mentally or physically fit to duty should be exempted.

Quote:

Very wide sense, very very wide sense. (this could cause a baby boom you know)
0 Replies

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 12:33 pm
What about the Leprechauns?
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 12:35 pm
What about the Leprechauns?

Draft 'em.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 12:38 pm
What about the elderly?

Same as disabled. There are non-combat jobs in the military they can do.

Maybe some jobs they can do...not sure about that though.

Yup. Many expectant mothers work very late in their pregnancies.
0 Replies

kflux

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 01:30 pm
Larry434 wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:

i agree no one should be drafted , but if there had to be a draft, which is not going to happen , most women would not be eligible . have you ever looked at the physical requirement for our military , not to mention that there are many loop holes concerning cercumstance If your family needs you at home .it would be a small issue if any .
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 09:27 am
Quote:
i agree no one should be drafted , but if there had to be a draft, which is not going to happen , most women would not be eligible . have you ever looked at the physical requirement for our military

What is it about the physical requirements that would make most women ineligible? In the case of the Army, what is hard about doing push-up's, sit-up's and a 2mile run? While in basic training you get enough practice on all of them to make the APFT's passable. Each section in put into perspective for the age and sex of the soldier. An 18-year-old man is not made to do the same amount of push-ups as a 25-year-old woman. The only reason you wouldn't pass is because you are lazy and don't push yourself to improve.

Quote:
not to mention that there are many loop holes concerning cercumstance If your family needs you at home .it would be a small issue if any

I have never seen these loop holes. Could you please provide some proof of them?
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 09:55 am
Since we are just speculating here...I'll add my 2 cents worth. There will be no draft reinstated. The last time they (Congress) tried, it was defeated by 400 and some odd votes to 2. Our voluntary enlistments at this point are high for both men and women. The problem is the time in getting all the new recruits trained and this the "reverse draft" is coming into effect. Those already trained are staying for longer than their original tours in wait for replacements, especially those in high priority positions.

As far as the loophole of being needed at home, I think that is a fallacy. My son's girlfriend is in Kuwait right now and her former husband is in Iraq. They have a 5 year old daughter at home with an aunt. If the loophole of someone being needed at home were actually true, either mom or dad would be there I would think.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 10:39 am
Phoenix32890
Quote:

I heard this on the radio. Draft the senior citizens, and send them out to fight..........That would take care of both the draft, and social security!

Hell no " I won't go" Evil or Very Mad

If there need be draft and I can see that possibility in the near future. I am opposed to the drafting of women.
0 Replies