Reverse Child support ?

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 11:32 am
The mother of my child started a family of her own and has left my son with me for over 3 months (he has been sleeping over 5/7days for the past 6 months). I am being charged child support still, when in fact i buy him food,cloth, and trips, she hasn't bought him cloth for over 6 months. Is there anything i can do? I owe child support and know that the system isn't father friendly. The child support has been running for 5 years ( just to clarify) and i owe a huge chunk of it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,259 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 11:56 am
Absolutely! Get a lawyer, right away.

The lawyer will likely file for an "adjustment", the laws vary from state to state. They aren't that unfriendly to fathers in any State that you will pay support for a child when you have physical custody. You can't file for an adjustment without a lawyer.

The money you spend on a lawyer will be well worth the money you save. Make sure you get a real lawyer, and that you pay for his services. I spent $100 or so for an initial consultation which lasted an hour. By paying, I knew that the lawyer would give me real information rather than a sales pitch, and when you have the information you can make the decision about how to go forward.

It maybe you just need to file a motion and won't even need to go to court. But you won't know until you talk to a lawyer.

Get a lawyer right away.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Reverse Child support ?
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/20/2022 at 08:33:49