THANKSGIVING

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 08:43 am
Tomorrow, I will take the day to express my thanks, silently and vocally as well, for the blessings we enjoy living in this great Republic.

I will have those who serve us in our civilian government and in the military abroad and here in my thoughts as I enjoy this religious holiday, unique to our nation, with family and friends.

It is my hope, no matter your political ideaology, that everyone in this great Republic will take just one day to do the same.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 856 • Replies: 16
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 08:49 am
Back atcha, Larry. Enjoy your time off, and don't forget to pray for us heathen. :wink:
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 08:53 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Back atcha, Larry. Enjoy your time off, and don't forget to pray for us heathen. :wink:

I don't pray to any god, duck.

And Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 08:57 am
i am going to eat my weight in turkey.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:00 am
Kristie wrote:
i am going to eat my weight in turkey.

Yup, Thanksgiving is no time to keep a diet resolution.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:03 am
Wishing everyone quiet pleasures, gentle joys, and happy memories this Thanksgiving http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/206.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/happythanks.gif
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:21 am
Nice smiley!

Happy Thanksgiving

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:28 am
Thanksgiving is for me a day both of reflection and family closeness.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:37 am
I get to see my grandparents who I haven't seen in about a year! Mr. Green
0 Replies

JanW

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:58 am
Fortunately, Our Leader issued a proclamation declaring tomorrow to be a National Day of Thanksgiving. Wow. If he hadn't done so, I'd never have known about a day for thanks giving.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:59 am
JanW wrote:
Fortunately, Our Leader issued a proclamation declaring tomorrow to be a National Day of Thanksgiving. Wow. If he hadn't done so, I'd never have known about a day for thanks giving.

You gotta read more. Very Happy
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 10:02 am
Hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving.

Jan: Nearly every president since Washington has issued a proclamation declaring the day to be a National Day of Thanksgiving. Even though due to tradition the day would be observed regardless, it is what is done in order to make the day a national observance.

Anyway, y'all have a good one.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 10:13 am
And just for Jan and anyone else who wishes to read them, here they are.

http://www.pilgrimhall.org/ThanxProc.htm
0 Replies

kflux

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 03:02 am
well i would like to give thanks for the love of my life who i am about to marry ,after becomeing my best friend during my youth we lived 1200 miles from eachother for 10 years , we found eachother again after all that time and out of nowhere romance bloomed. this year has been a good one. Very Happy
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 04:34 am
Aww. What a nice bright spot the both of you are in an otherwise dismal world. My best wishes for a wonderful life.

Joe
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 05:03 am
whaats that special prayer that STeve MArtin always said on the occasions of Thanksgiving or Christmas?

My fondest memories as a child in the late 50s was, thhat we still had radio and , while all the hustle and cooking and people getting in each others way was going on, there was thhis constant background drone of special radio programs , draama, comedy , and we little ones would gather around the radio and listen to the stories about cowboys who made a thanksgiving dinner out on the prairies. tV wasnt as central to our lives and we took in more sensory cues than i think todays kids do.

thanksgiving is the least commercialized of all our commercial holidays , so its truly special. Best wishes to all and thanks for starting the thread LArry, we pretty much all agree with your sentiments no matter with what side of the aisle we associate ourselves
0 Replies

kflux

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 10:39 pm
thank you
0 Replies