When you first started to drink.....

kickycan

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 09:39 pm
Can someone go pick me up a case and deliver it to me by tomorrow? I wanna stick a few of those twigs down my pants and sneak 'em into a concert.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 09:40 pm
Aha! Kicky, that's brilliant.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 09:45 pm
Lab alcohol... I agree with Adrian.

Once, some time ago, a fellow lab tech brought a bottle of sealed absolute alcohol, not an easily acquired item, to one of our parties and mixed it with frozen limeade.

Now absolute alcohol (ethanol) doesn't stay absolute, as I remember it, as I think once it hits air it is already less than 100%. But let's say it's strong.

Damn, those were good limeades.

I might have had two.

Was I glad to park my car and get into my house with m'self unscathed, as well as anyone else on the road....

edit for misspelling.

y'know, when the bed moves like the ocean, but isn't a waterbed?

Naturally, it is from circumstances like that one that I strongly advise a Designated Driver. Weren't any at that small party.. and not anyone, that particular afterwork evening, that I was keen on as a lover (and then what, two
looselimbed idiots?? excuse me, crash! oops!)

so, looking back, I should have walked home or called a taxi, or reorganized the file cabinets.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 09:48 pm
Greek Ouzo and Turkish Raki are aout as close to real Absinthe as you're gonna get in the US.

Legally, anyhow Mr. Green

'course, Ouzo and Raki work pretty well.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 10:38 pm
You can get absinthe in Oz.

The amount of thujone is limited to 10mg per litre and it's 70% alchohol so your much more likely to just get drunk than to start hallucinating.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 11:35 pm
I remember, but I am not sure I saved the link, a recent article on absinthe, that it was ...... heh, sort of an urban legend..

I'll post it if I find it.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:55 pm
You can buy Absinthe here, and although illegal small quantities are overlooked.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:15 am
There are a few places online you can get the stuff shipped to ya - same with Cuban cigars. Its unlikely a small order would be intercepted, though not impossible. Likewise, if intercepted, it is unlikely though possible such interception might have further ramifications. Caveat Emptor.
0 Replies