Clinton's library dedicated this past week

PDiddie

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 10:44 pm
I searched the forum but came up with no thread discussing the dedication of Bill Clinton's Presidential Library in Little Rock, AR, this past week.

No doubt those of you plugged into the news saw some of the pictures:

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/us/0411/gallery.library.opening/gal.3.1.jpg

CNN's Candy Crowley said, "Some people refer to it as the world's largest double-wide".

(And 'some people' are going to die choking to death on a chicken bone, alone, in their bed, not having had a sexual encounter with another human being since the '80s.)

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/us/0411/gallery.library.opening/gal.1.1.presidents.ap.jpg

Some were happy, some were not:

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/us/0411/gallery.library.opening/gal.1.2.couples.pool.jpg

Bono and The Edge sang, "When the Rain Comes", and "Sunday Bloody Sunday":

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/us/0411/gallery.library.opening/gal.2.7.bono.jpg

More on the details can be found here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,775 • Replies: 29
No top replies

eoe

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 10:51 pm
I watched the Peter Jennings interview last Friday. It's a wonderful library.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 11:05 pm
I thought the Big Dog tore Jennings a spare orifice in that interview, e.

You?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 11:07 pm
Is W constipated? He looks like a toddler pooping.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 11:10 pm
Mr. Clinton was comfortable, relaxed and really quite gracious, I thought. If Jennings gained a new orifice out of that interview, he didn't realize it until the next day.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 11:12 pm
I've saved a bunch of links on the library from an architectural/urban design point of view, will be back with them later.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 02:18 am
as i watched the ceremony, i wondered; " how much did rove have to pay to get that many fire hoses pointed at one spot for that long of a time"?

oh, well. he probably got mellon-scaife to kick in a few duskets...

Laughing
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 07:33 am
Just a reminder of WHO some of the major contributors were to this brothal/library. How come Michale Moore didn't bring this up when discussing ties to Saudi Royalty?

http://www.propertyrightsresearch.org/hillary_tainted_by_bin_laden_cas.htm

Excerpt..."While the Saudi royal family had reportedly donated $1 million to former President Bush's presidential library in College Station, Texas, in the early 1990s, there is no report of any Saudi payment to a Bush family member in the period since the 9/11 attacks.

In March 2002, columnist Robert Novak, citing "high-ranking" Saudi sources, reported that, in addition to the $750,000 in speaking fees he collected last January, Mr. Clinton obtained a pledge from the Saudi royal family to bankroll his own presidential library with donations estimated to range from "less than $1 million to $20 million."
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 07:40 am
Quote:
In March 2002, columnist Robert Novak

enough said.

The Bushes did look like they would rather be elsewhere.

I was impresssed with Clinton's speech. It was like he was giving us all advice on how to handle the current situation.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 07:48 am
woiyo wrote:
Just a reminder of WHO some of the major contributors were to this brothal/library. How come Michale Moore didn't bring this up when discussing ties to Saudi Royalty?

http://www.propertyrightsresearch.org/hillary_tainted_by_bin_laden_cas.htm

Excerpt..."While the Saudi royal family had reportedly donated $1 million to former President Bush's presidential library in College Station, Texas, in the early 1990s, there is no report of any Saudi payment to a Bush family member in the period since the 9/11 attacks.

In March 2002, columnist Robert Novak, citing "high-ranking" Saudi sources, reported that, in addition to the $750,000 in speaking fees he collected last January, Mr. Clinton obtained a pledge from the Saudi royal family to bankroll his own presidential library with donations estimated to range from "less than $1 million to $20 million."

You let us know when that pledge turns into cash.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 08:06 am
Happy to comply...

http://www.nysun.com/article/5137

Excerpt.." President Clinton's new $165 million library here was funded in part by gifts of $1 million or more each from the Saudi royal family and three Saudi businessmen.

The governments of Dubai, Kuwait, and Qatar and the deputy prime minister of Lebanon all also appear to have donated $1 million or more for the archive and museum that opened last week.

Democrats spent much of the presidential campaign this year accusing President Bush of improperly close ties to Saudi Arabia. The case was made in Michael Moore's film "Fahrenheit 9/11," in a bestselling book by Craig Unger titled "House of Bush, House of Saud," and by the Democratic presidential candidate, Senator Kerry."This administration delayed pressuring the Saudis," Mr. Kerry said on October 20. "I will insist that the Saudis crack down on charities that funnel funds to terrorists... and on anti-American and anti-Israel hate speech."The Media Fund, a Democratic group whose president is a former Clinton White House aide, Harold Ickes, spent millions airing television commercials in swing states with scripts such as, "The Saudi royal family...wealthy...powerful...corrupt. And close Bush family friends."
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 08:12 am
Thanks.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 08:16 am
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 08:26 am
eoe- the point of the posting is to point out that the Saudis and other muslim groups contribute to our political system/candidates accross party lines. Some democratic apologists like Michael Moore and probably YOU fail to admit your own hypocracy.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 08:27 am
I don't think there is anyone who thinks that sucking on the Saudi tit is a partisan activity.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 08:34 am
Duck- You may be correct but Harold Ickes sure spent lots of campaign dollars advertising the opposite.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 08:44 am
Yeah, that's what campaigns are all about. We know that Republicans aren't any less likely to be morally bankrupt than Democrats, but they sure spend a lot of campaign dough trying to convince us of that.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 09:22 am
woiyo wrote:
eoe- the point of the posting is to point out that the Saudis and other muslim groups contribute to our political system/candidates accross party lines. Some democratic apologists like Michael Moore and probably YOU fail to admit your own hypocracy.

Get a grip, woiyo. This is my point as well.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 12:04 pm
eoe - I'm sure it was. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 08:25 pm
so tired of the righty-tighties baggin' on clinton.

don't they know "it's unpatriotic to criticize the president" ?

and they want to talk about hypocracy???? Laughing
0 Replies