Jake Tapper Implies Trump is a Liar After Saying There Are No Comey Tapes

layman

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 09:15 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Quote layman:
Quote:
Hahahahaha. According to Comey, only he and Trump were present. Ya saying Trump leaked it to the NYT?

On May 11, Comey told associates at the FBI about Trump's obstruction of justice, but he did this to establish that Trump did in fact say this. So it was Comey who leaked the story to the press on May 11.

Comey did tell the press on May 16 AFTER Trump tweeted about tapes.

Watch the video again, and maybe you'll grasp the difference between May 11 and May 16.

Why should I watch it again? You've just said everything I've already said.
Blickers

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:42 pm
@layman,
Nope. You said that Comey gave the press the story on May 11, before Trump tweeted about taping on May 12. Comey did not-he gave the press the story after Trump's May 12 tweet. That would be May 16.
layman

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:15 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Nope. You said that Comey gave the press the story on May 11, before Trump tweeted about taping on May 12. Comey did not-he gave the press the story after Trump's May 12 tweet. That would be May 16.

Make up your mind, willya? Before you said:
Quote:
So it was Comey who leaked the story to the press on May 11.

You were right the first time.

And you, and others here, try to criticize a lawyer for getting the "timeline" wrong?
layman

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:43 pm
Here's Comey's cover story for his May 11 leaks, which argued that he was fired because he didn't (he says) pledge "loyalty."

The New York Times wrote:
Mr. Comey described details of his refusal to pledge his loyalty to Mr. Trump to several people close to him on the condition that they not discuss it publicly while he was F.B.I. director. But now that Mr. Comey has been fired, they felt free to discuss it on the condition of anonymity.

Despite his claims that he didn't want to be J. Edgar Hoover, this is exactly what he appears to be doing here, i.e. trying to hold information secret for personal blackmail purposes.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:45 pm
@layman,
Quote layman:
Quote:
Make up your mind, willya? Before you said:
Quote:

So it was Comey who leaked the story to the press on May 11.

You were right the first time.

And you, and others here, try to criticize a lawyer for getting the "timeline" wrong?

Here's the story, good buddy. I don't believe I ever said, "So it was Comey who leaked the story to the press on May 11." I think you're pulling that right out of your posterior.

But I might be wrong. So tell you what-produce the post where I said "So it was Comey who leaked the story to the press on May 11., and I will send a friendly $25 to the charity of your choice and post a pic of the receipt right here on A2K.

However, if you don't produce the post where I said what you claim I did, you send $25 to the charity of my choice and post a pic of the receipt on A2K.

How about it?
layman

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:50 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

I don't believe I ever said, "So it was Comey who leaked the story to the press on May 11." I think you're pulling that right out of your posterior.

But I might be wrong. So tell you what-produce the post where I said "So it was Comey who leaked the story to the press on May 11., and I will send a friendly $25 to the charity of your choice and post a pic of the receipt right here on A2K.

Read it and weep, chump: https://able2know.org/topic/394735-2#post-6453312

Here it is, in full, again:

Quote:
On May 11, Comey told associates at the FBI about Trump's obstruction of justice, but he did this to establish that Trump did in fact say this. So it was Comey who leaked the story to the press on May 11.

Comey did tell the press on May 16 AFTER Trump tweeted about tapes.

Watch the video again, and maybe you'll grasp the difference between May 11 and May 16.
Blickers

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:55 pm
@layman,
Okay, a typo on my part. I meant to say it wasn't Comey who leaked the story to the press, and I think that's clear by the context.

Nonetheless, a bet is a bet, so what charity do you want the $25 sent to?
layman

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:59 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Nonetheless, a bet is a bet, so what charity do you want the $25 sent to?

Just send it to:

Layman's Foundation for Whiskey and Women
Shady Acres Trailer Park, #24
Rural Route 4
Clarksdale, Mississippi

Cash only. No bank will cash checks for me.
layman

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 12:04 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Okay, a typo on my part. I meant to say it wasn't Comey who leaked the story to the press, and I think that's clear by the context.

Yeah, it's clear by the context that it's not a typo, eh? You said the same thing in two consecutive sentences:

Quote:
Blickers

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 12:05 am
@layman,
LOL, that's a good one.

But surely there is some good cause that you would like to see get a small donation. So, you're entitled-name a good charity you would like to see the money sent to.
layman

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 12:12 am
@Blickers,
I'll get charitable with you, eh? Use it to buy some memory pills and some cheap reading glasses at Walmart, why doncha?
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 12:17 am
@layman,
Quote layman:
Quote:
Yeah, it's clear by the context that it's not a typo, eh? You said the same thing in two consecutive sentences:

Quote Blickers:
Quote:

Nope, you're wrong. On May 11, after Trump told Comey to let the investigation of Flynn go, Comey both noted down everything said at the meeting with Trump and told some associates at the FBI about it. He did this to establish that he, (Comey), was saying this immediately after the meeting so if there are questions about it later, they can't say he was just making up the story later. However, there was no intent by Comey for this story to get to the press-he did it to establish that this is what happened immediately after it occurred. My typo was that I meant to say it wasn't Comey and I typed it was Comey.

On May 12, Trump did his tapes tweet.

On May 16, only after Trump attacked Comey's veracity, did Comey tell the story to the press, since Trump had already told the world Trump's version. Therefore, your claim that Comey leaked the story to the press on May 11 before Trump told his version on May 12 is erroneous.
layman

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 12:20 am
@Blickers,
Comey was leaking **** to the press (the NYT) on (or before) May 11 when the first story was published. Listen to the video. The accurate "timeline" has already been posted, to wit:

layman wrote:
It's pretty obvious what happened here:

1. Comey leaked **** to the NYT about his conversations with Trump. [published May 11]

2. Trump challenged him. [May 12]

3. To buttress his leaks, he then had his homey read verbatim from his supposedly "contemporaneous" memo. See!? What I told you was right! This PROVES it! [May 16]

Comey said he only leaked **** BECAUSE it occurred to him (via Trump's tweet) that there might be tapes. But he was leaking **** before that, get it?
Blickers

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 12:21 am
@layman,
Quote layman:
Quote:
The accurate "timeline" has already been posted, to wit:

And?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 12:24 am

Donald Trump Exposes Donald Trump
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 12:39 am
@layman,
Quote layman:
Quote:
It's pretty obvious what happened here:

1. Comey leaked **** to the NYT about his conversations with Trump. [published May 11]

2. Trump challenged him. [May 12]

3. To buttress his leaks, he then had his homey read verbatim from his supposedly "contemporaneous" memo. See!? What I told you was right! This PROVES it! [May 16]

1. Comey has a well-documented history of writing down the contents of meetings where something important happened to get it on his personal record in case there are investigations later. Throughout the years he has counselled many of his staff and even colleagues to do this. So your idea that he just came up with this documenting thing right now to cover himself is not the truth.

2. Trump challenged Comey, all right. He committed obstruction of justice by threatening to release tapes that he knew didn't exist in an attempt to pressure Comey to recount the meeting in a way Trump likes. Trump just sank himself.

3. Since Trump took pains on May 12 to tell the whole world Trump's version of the contents of the meeting with Comey, Comey decided it was totally all right for him to tell the whole world Comey's version of events. Then, and only then, did Comey tell the papers his version of what happened at the May 12 meeting with Trump.
layman

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 12:50 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Then, and only then, did Comey tell the papers his version of what happened at the May 12 meeting with Trump.

The was NO May 12 meeting between Comey and Trump. Comey had already been fired by that time.

Comey's leak of his private, one-on-0ne, conversation with Trump was published on May 11.

Trump made his tweet in response to those leaks on May 12. Get it straight.
Real Music

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 01:00 am
@layman,
Quote:
Comey's leak of his private, one-on-0ne, conversation with Trump was published on May 11.

Trump made his tweet in response to those leaks on May 12.
Trump May 12th response on twitter included the statement about the possibility of tapes, which happened after Comey's leak to friend. I think you finally got the point. That's the timeline Rachael Maddow was explaining in the video.
layman

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 01:18 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

That's the timeline Rachael Maddow was explaining in the video.

No, it isn't. Once again, you're the one who needs to listen to the video again.

I agree with what you say about Trump and Comey, but not with what you say Maddcow was saying.

Quote:
Trump May 12th response on twitter included the statement about the possibility of tapes, which happened after Comey's leak to friend. I think you finally got the point.

Yeah, but I'm not "finally getting" the point. It's the point I'VE been making all along (as opposed to Maddcow).
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 05:42 pm
Trump never said that there were tapes. Where is the lie?