War in Iraq - It Needs You....To Name It. Vote Now.

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 12:43 pm
Just a little theme music for the thread . . .

And this is what he said on
His way to Armaggedon
"So long, Mom, I'm off to drop the bomb,
So don't wait up for me.
Even as you swelter, down in your shelter
You can see me, on your tv.
So long Mommy, I'm off to kill a commie
So send me a salami, and try to smile somehow . . . "

(Just substitute Iraqi for Commie, and you've got a ready-made theme song for Son of Gulf War . . . )
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 12:47 pm
Operation KILL 'EM ALL, LET ALLAH SORT 'EM OUT

Operation WE'LL GIT 'IM THIS TIME

Operation PETRO-VENGEANCE

Operation OSAMA BIN FORGOTTEN
0 Replies

Stinger

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 01:13 pm
Good to see that I have inspired some creative thought on this issue. Very impressive.

Obviously some people have hidden talents, that the Pentagon will undoubtably wish to employ. Some of you can expect a visit from government officials, in the very near future. I hear that the 'Department Of Cool Sounding Names For Military Operations', is on the lookout for new talent. There is good medical insurance, and your own parking space...so don't forget to thank me when the boys from DC come a knockin' at your door.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 01:53 pm
Stinger, which boys from DC? Is the First Amendment abolished in the USA, and anyone can get arrested for criticism of the authorities? I am afraid, you have confused the USA with the Third Reich, only there such things were possible. "Boys from DC" are busy with more important things than arresting self-proclaimed humorists: they fight terror.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:09 pm
steissd wrote:
"Boys from DC" are busy with more important things than arresting self-proclaimed humorists: they fight terror.

They do a piss poor job of it . . .
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:15 pm
"The Bush way is the Right way"!
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:16 pm
setanta wrote:
They do a piss poor job of it . . .

There were no more major terror attacks on the U.S. soil since 09.11.01. Are you sure that the "boys from DC" did not contribute to this?
0 Replies

Stinger

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:17 pm
steissd

I think you just jumped in at the deep end!! Or possibly lost the plot.

The 'boys from DC', will be visiting to offer jobs to the contributors, for their great ideas. Not to arrest them in SS fashion. In case you didn't notice, it was a mildly humourous comment. So chill out baby.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:20 pm
There are no elephants here in Hilliard, Ohio, Steissd. Therefore, taking a page from your logic regarding terrorists, i can only assume that the "Boys from DC" are also on the qui vive for rogue pachyderms, as well. You have restored my faith in government, Boss, thank you.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:22 pm
Stinger: I got this as an attempt of political satire, and I interpreted your expression "boys from DC" as a reference to the federal law enforcement agents. If I misunderstood you, I apologize for jumping to irrelevant conclusions.
Respectfully,
SteissD
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:25 pm
"Boys from DC" probably means our politicans in Washington, DC.

What about the GIRLS in the Senate and the House? Cool
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:27 pm
Jeeze, New Haven, stuff like this just zips by, thousands of feet above your devoted pate, don't it?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:28 pm
If you say so, dear! Cool
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:30 pm
What's the term "piss poor" mean? Bladder carcinoma?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:32 pm
the "father" of all wars (irony?)
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:35 pm
"The Way of the World"
0 Replies

Stinger

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:50 pm
steissd

It's a curious, provocative little blend of irony, satire and political apathy, with a dash of 'nothing better to do with my time on a Sunday than start a poll', added for extra flavour.

Having fun at the expense of governments or VIPs, is our democratic right. It's why I pay tax to employ politicians. We need someone to look down upon. That's what governments are for!

If the the boys from DC, are really spending their time reading the stuff on this thread, then we really are up s**t creek without a paddle! Hopefully they have something more important to do on their computers.

BTW. No offence taken. I'm just hoping to maintain a calm little place for free thoughts. Everyone is free to have their own opinions here.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 03:17 pm
I came, I saw, Iraq.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 03:18 pm
LOL, Jespah . . .

How about taking a page from John Le Carre?

The Looking Glass War
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 03:20 pm
Malice in Blunderland?
0 Replies