What Makes People NOT believe In God? (Atheists Come!)

izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 06:45 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
If you're interested, Setanta sports was a spectacular failure.

Do you think the name is cursed?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 06:46 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
What is there to answer? I've never claimed you've done otherwise.

Then, I have never claimed you have done anything, other than what you have done...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 06:48 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
If you're interested, Setanta sports was a spectacular failure.

Do you think the name is cursed?

I am amazed, at how close the name Setanta, is to Satan! Mr. Green 2 Cents

And I see, Satan's main bride, named Satania...Which is appropriate, I guess...Since some act like girls on here!
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 09:28 am
I typed atheist into youtube and hit a random link, and I found this video.

This well spoken fellow is just imagining what he thinks it would be like to die and find out that he was wrong, and that there really is a god waiting to judge us. It was interesting to watch.
Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 11:13 am
Man, you clowns are clutching at straws here. You're that desparate to spew your hateful bile? What a sad case the pair of you are . . .
izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 11:15 am
@Setanta,
I didn't realise that the phrase 'spectacular failure,' constituted spewing hate.

Try taking your head out of your arse for once.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 01:58 pm
I'm sure you're right Bubba.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 07:17 am
@Cyracuz,
It was an interesting video...Thanks for that! And that is why, I have said, I do not believe anyone, will ever, actually end up in Hell...Forever...

But he had me with everything he said...Up until he said, he would be fine going to Hell, because he could not stand the notion of being with a God, who's ideas of empathy, Peace, and justice...etc...Was what it is, and being in eternity with Him...Forever...

It basically destroyed everything he had said, for the first 5+ minutes of it...

And gives this God, the very reason to send him there, if it wanted to do it...and, if this person wanted to go...

Clearly, he (the person) would be freely making the choice to go there, and would not be condemned to do it...

God has no reason to do it...Other than the person wanting it...

Because if God, is as merciful as he had said, in the first 5+ minutes...There is no reason to believe the other aspect would ever even come into play...

Even if other Christians say it...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 08:20 am
@Cyracuz,
BTW...I have to say...I like the words of encouragement you gave to the female...In the "Want to search for truth, read this" thread...

I just do not happen to be able to understand the whole wordless experience...And it does not come wordless to me...
0 Replies

hilbert

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 12:37 pm
@Rosslyn,
It's sorta like not believing in Santa.

Once I grew up, I got rid of that silly stuff from my childhood. In case you haven't noticed, God has only made a big splash in the myths of primitive peoples and seems to affect things no more than Zeus does. "His Holy Word" is riddled with contradictions and things that are abhorrent to modern peoples.

I am sure many others here will respond, but I thought I would throw my two bits in in spite of my lack of academic preparation in philosophical areas
aspvenom

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 12:42 pm
@hilbert,
Quote:
It's sorta like not believing in Santa.

Are you certain?
So since sainty Nicholas used to exist, but now he doesn't, and so in the same analogy, God used to exist, but now God doesn't?
Wink
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 12:59 pm
@aspvenom,
Quote:
Are you certain?
So since sainty Nicholas used to exist, but now he doesn't, and so in the same analogy, God used to exist, but now God doesn't?

That is actually, a very clever thing, you just said! I will have to remember it...When other people say that...Or talk about Zues...And the Christian God...Or a spaghetti monster....and leaving behind their "culturally conditioned beliefs" In Jesus...

I will have to remember that one for especially BillRM...
0 Replies