Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 12:42 am
    AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Fists were flying. So were cups, plastic bottles and even a chair in one of the ugliest NBA brawls ever -- and Indiana's Ron Artest was right in the middle of it. Artest and Stephen Jackson charged into the stands and fought with fans in the final minute of their game against the Detroit Pistons on Friday night, and the brawl forced an early end to the Pacers' 97-82 win. Officials stopped the game with 45.9 seconds remaining after pushing and shoving between the teams spilled into the stands once fans got involved by throwing things at the players near the scorer's table.

(article)

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/basketball/nba/11/19/bc.bkn.pacers.pistons.ap/p1_brawl.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,931 • Replies: 34
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 12:51 am
Oooh, time to turn on Sportcenter!
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 02:15 am
enjoy sirs.

http://media.holla-front.com/nbafight.wmv
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 04:52 pm

thanks for the clip...
man, i'm still in Shocked shock from watching the utter chaos!
never seen enything like that in 30 years of being a sports fan...

4 players suspended indefinitely:
detroit -- ben wallace
indiana -- ron artest, jermaine o'neal, stephen jackson

here's a Frame-by-frame look at some of the fisticuffs...

i guess those fans got their $$'s worth...

there was also quite a dust-up in the clemson game today... what the frock is going on?????
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 05:06 pm
I was at the game and I gotta tell you it was the most outrageous and embarrasing thing I've been involved in. Detroit was down by 15 points with a minute left so thankfully the place was pretty much empty. People started leaving after Jackson hit his last 3 moments before the brawl. I don't even want to think about what it would've been like if the brawl happend 10 minutes earlier.

It was almost surreal. Seeing Wallace push Artest in and of itself shocking, but to see Artest and Jackson run into the crowd. And then to see fans pouring out onto the floors. Then ice, beer and charis were being thrown all over the place. The thing is, you're only seeing what the cameras can show you. You had to be there to see how unbelievable it was. The place was out of control. Scary. We didn't know how far it was going to go or if it was going ot stop.

Yeah, Wallace overreacted to the foul and we all know Artest is a crazy a$$hole, but ultimately (a much as I hate saying this being a resident of Detroit and a Detroit fan) the fans should be ashamed of themselves and should carry all of the blame for what transpired last night.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 05:20 pm
Wow, that's unreal.

I saw it on TV last night as it happened, then all the replays. I have to admit to laughing my ass off to the whole thing. Some fat chunk went out on the court to attack I think Atrtest, and he got absolutely clocked...twice.

I heard the police pepper sprayed down there too...did that affect you? Where were you sitting?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 05:44 pm

admit it, _-=-_ you the one who threw the cup at artest, weren't you!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 06:20 pm
Yea, did you toss any beverages?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 06:32 pm

the NBA's gonna have law suits up the ying-yang...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 07:09 pm
That is some pretty wild ****. Artest is going to be gone for at least the rest of the season, I bet. But I seriously hope he pounded the f*ck out of the as*hole who threw the cup at him.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 07:14 pm

larry bird's got some splainin' to do!
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 10:43 am
kickycan wrote:
That is some pretty wild ****. Artest is going to be gone for at least the rest of the season, I bet. But I seriously hope he pounded the f*ck out of the as*hole who threw the cup at him.

Actually, it's the other way around. The guy who threw the glass of beer at Artest was the one pounding him in the face from behind after Artest ran into the crowd. The one with the tan hat on. My buddy was at the game as well sitting right behind the guy that threw the beer. You can actually see my buddy in the video a few times. Real tall guy with a blue shirt on. He wasn't involved in it at all,but saw everything unfold right in front of him.
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 10:43 am
Region Philbis wrote:
admit it, _-=-_ you the one who threw the cup at artest, weren't you!

Wanted to but I was in the nosebleeders. :wink:
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 04:20 pm

artest is dennis rodman without tats & piercings...

about a week ago he proclaimed -- "What does Integrity mean?"
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 04:24 pm
_-=-_ wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Actually, it's the other way around. The guy who threw the glass of beer at Artest was the one pounding him in the face from behind after Artest ran into the crowd. The one with the tan hat on.

That figures. There's no justice in the world.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 04:27 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
artest is dennis rodman without tats & piercings...

about a week ago he proclaimed -- "What does Integrity mean?"

Yes, after reading that, I agree. He is a f*cking idiot.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 05:08 pm
I was channel surfing that night and happened on the second half of the craziness as it was happening. Then watched endless reruns of it on ESPN. It was bad, all right. Once a player wades into the crowd, he's really taking a big chance. Nothing good can come of it!

On a lighter note: I watched Larry Brown being interviewed after the game and he started by saying all the appropriate things about how awful it was, etc., etc. Then he smiled and said, "Of course, in the ABA this stuff happened every night..." Then he went back to being serious again. I had to laugh!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 05:14 pm
Ha! Pretty funny. I saw that idiot Kenny "The Jet" Smith on CNN talking about it last night. As usual he tried to use as many big words as his little brain could manage without actually saying anything coherent.

I think Barkley is going to be on CNN tonight talking about it. I'm sure you will a straight, no-nonsense opinon from him.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 05:30 pm
This just in:

Artest Out for Season in Wake of Brawl With Pistons, Fans

By Chris Sheridan
Associated Press
Sunday, November 21, 2004; 6:18 PM

NEW YORK -- Ron Artest was suspended for the rest of the season Sunday as the NBA came down hard on three members of the Indiana Pacers for fighting with fans when a melee broke out at the end of a game against the Detroit Pistons.

Overall, nine players from the teams were banned for 143 games, including some of the harshest penalties the league ever issued. Artest is the first player to be suspended for nearly an entire season for a fight during a game.

Full article
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 05:32 pm
Well, I guess Artest has all the time he needs now to promote his rap CD! Maybe that was his plan all along...
0 Replies