Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 05:55 pm
He is one of the stupidest people on this earth. That article was funny, though.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 06:07 pm

too lazy to subscribe to the wash. post...

Quote:
NBA suspends Artest for remainder of season
New York, NY (Sports Network) - The NBA showed no mercy on Sunday, suspending Indiana's Ron Artest for the remainder of the season for his part in a brawl between the Pacers and the Detroit Pistons on Friday night.

NBA Commissioner David Stern also announced suspensions to eight other players for their part in the melee that started on the court and eventually found its way into the seats and included the fans at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

Artest's teammate, Stephen Jackson, received a 30-game suspension, while Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal will be forced to miss 25 games. Indiana will also lose Anthony Johnson for five games.

Detroit suffered it biggest loss with a six-game suspension to Ben Wallace, whose two-handed shove to Artest's face instigated the fracas.

Four other players received a one-game penalty for leaving the bench.
(from The Sports Network)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 11:25 am

Artest Responds...
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indiana Pacers forward Ron Artest said Tuesday he wishes he hadn't gotten into a fight with fans but feels his season-ending suspension was too harsh.

"I don't think it was fair -- that many games," Artest said in an interview with NBC's "Today" show. "I respect (NBA Commissioner) David Stern's decisions, but I don't think I should have been out for the whole season."

(rest of article)

the end of the article mentions that he was plugging his rap CD.
i guess he's gotta bring in the bacon somehow!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 04:27 pm
Did anyone see Artest on the Today Show? I saw highlights, if that's the right word. Hard to make sense of what he was saying (he's inarticulate, even by contemporary jock standards), but it seemed to boil down to:

1) I'm sorry if anyone was bothered by what happened.

2) I'm promoting an new CD.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 05:49 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Did anyone see Artest on the Today Show? I saw highlights, if that's the right word. Hard to make sense of what he was saying (he's inarticulate, even by contemporary jock standards), but it seemed to boil down to:

1) I'm sorry if anyone was bothered by what happened.

2) I'm promoting an new CD.

funny
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 10:17 pm

these things are selling like hotcakes on ebay

http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/e7/36/fb_2.JPG
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 03:09 pm

Palace bans two said to be involved in brawl

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Two men were banned from events at The Palace for what the Detroit Pistons say is their involvement in last month's brawl during an NBA game.

John Green and Charlie Haddad have been sent letters informing them of the ban, which also includes events at DTE Energy Music Theatre in Clarkston, Pistons spokesman Matt Dobek said Wednesday. The Clarkston location is another holding of the Palace Sports and Entertainment organization.

Green, of Oakland County's West Bloomfield Township, is accused of lobbing a cup at Indiana Pacers forward Ron Artest on Nov. 19, sparking the brawl. Haddad, of Burt, ran onto the court that night, Dobek said.

(the rest of the article)
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 04:54 am
Must be those two little fatties in Piston jerseys.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 11:15 am

Charges expected for five Pacers, five fans

DETROIT (AP) -- Five Indiana Pacers players and five Detroit Pistons fans are expected to be charged Wednesday in a brawl that broke out on the court and in the stands at a game at The Palace of Auburn Hills on Nov. 19, according to news reports.

All of the charges are expected to be for misdemeanor assault and battery except for one count of felony assault against a fan accused of throwing a chair, WDIV-TV said Tuesday, and the Detroit Free Press and The Detroit News said in their Wednesday editions.

(article)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 04:55 pm
Quote:
Inappropriate ad of the week:

LA Gear will tout its new hoops shoe in the February '05 issue of Slam magazine with an ad that reads, "Attack of the Killer D, starring Ron Artest."
The spot reportedly features a larger-than-life Artest playing a King Kong-like character terrorizing an arena.

(source)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 09:52 pm

O'neal suspension reduced...
Arbitrator's decision irks NBA

NEW YORK (AP) -- Jermaine O'Neal might be home for Christmas, back on the court with the Indiana Pacers when they play the rival Detroit Pistons.

An arbitrator on Wednesday knocked 10 games off the penalty O'Neal received from commissioner David Stern for fighting with fans during the Nov. 19 Pacers-Pistons brawl. Three other suspensions were upheld.

O'Neal's suspension was reduced from 25 to 15 games, making him eligible to return Saturday in the nationally televised rematch -- but only if the judgment stands up in court.

(article)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 06:40 pm

4 Bomb Threats at the Palace

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- The bomb threat that delayed the matchup between the Detroit Pistons and the Indiana Pacers for 1 hour, 25 minutes Friday was one of four received that night regarding the game, police said.

The game was delayed after a caller told officials at The Palace there was a bomb in the Pacers' locker room. It was Indiana's first trip back to Detroit since a brawl on Nov. 19 between the teams that spilled into the stands, and back onto the court.

"Detectives are working with Palace personnel and their phone provider in an attempt to identify the person who called in the threat," police Lt. James Manning said in a statement Saturday.

After the news of the first threat became public, Manning said, a second threat was called in to the Auburn Hills Police communications center. The Palace switchboard also received two more bomb threats at the end of the game, police said.

It does not appear the calls were made by the same person, police said, and all the calls were being investigated.
(source)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 09:39 am
Bomb threat! SO FUNNY!!!! HAHAHA!!

What a bunch of f'n idiots. Probably your typical Detroit wannabe gangster thug fan.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 06:57 pm

(don't you mean gangsta)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 07:09 pm
Oops. Yo yo straight up gangsta, foo.
0 Replies