The thanks we owe John Ashcroft

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 10:47 am
Quote:
The terrorists win when we quit fighting. They win when we are dead.

What a simplistic view of things.

It must be nice.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 11:23 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
The terrorists win when we quit fighting. They win when we are dead.

What a simplistic view of things.

It must be nice.

Cycloptichorn

Obvious truth is simply stated. It is fabrications and distortions of truth that require many words.
0 Replies

Idaho

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 01:59 pm
I prefer simple and direct to so convoluted you need a translator.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 03:01 pm
I am definitely a KISS advocate, especially when it comes to the war on terrorism. I rather like the idea of fighting it in their back yard instead of ours.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 03:06 pm
Thanks to John Ashcroft I need never worry about having to see, or my children see, a bronze breast or set of testicles again...God Bless him...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 03:15 pm
Well Ashcraft didn't outlaw them BPB. I for one would just as soon not see them with my hotdog and eggnog on Thanksgiving or New Year's Day.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 03:17 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Well Ashcraft didn't outlaw them BPB. I for one would just as soon not see them with my hotdog and eggnog on Thanksgiving or New Year's Day.

and that's why you can look away and leave the attorney general to more important work than deciding who sees a bronze dick and who doesn't... :wink:
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 03:21 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Thanks to John Ashcroft I need never worry about having to see, or my children see, a bronze breast or set of testicles again...God Bless him...

I think that Ashcroft was put in to "make nice" to the radical fundies. To me, he was a joke, albeit a dangerous one. I sincerely hope that the new guy does not believe that he is the reincarnation of Cotton Mather! Laughing
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 12:52 pm
Well now that, "The objective of securing the safety of Americans from crime and terror has been achieved", we all can sleep better and never ever have to worry about another attack on US soil. Thanks John, I'm glad nothing like 9/11 could ever happen again.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 02:13 pm
John Ashcroft has a lovely singing voice, and hasn't written any treatises on torture as his successor has. I will miss him almost as much as Colin Powell given thier replacements and the direction this country is headed. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies