Is this just another lie from Trump?

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 03:07 pm
Quote:
Trump said he would be willing to testify under oath to his account after previously hinting there were secret tapes of their conversations.

All I'm suggesting is, don't hold your breath waiting for Trump to testify under oath.

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 05:44 pm
Or to produce tapes.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 06:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He might testify, of course since he doesn't have a clue on how to be honest, it will (would) be useless....although his rabid fans will eat it up and shout how sainted he is.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 06:16 pm
@Sturgis,
Trump doesn't listen to his advisors, and is pretty much ignorant on most things.
His threats of having a tape proves his immaturity and ignorance. He's clueless about how much damage he's doing to his own credibility by his tweets.
He's insulting many of our allies, and most don't know where he (really) stands on Article 5.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 06:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sean Spicer, (The Supreme Court will support Trump's travel ban.) ha ha ha..
Seems Sean Spicer is also ignorant about the US Constitution.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 07:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Or to produce tapes.

Or Melania's immigration papers
Or proof of Obama's Kenyan birth
Or tax returns
Or a wall
Or a Muslim ban
Or tax reform
Or an infrastructure bill
Or defeating Isis
Or almost anything that's come out of his lying mouth except getting rid of a lot of regulations that safeguarded us against creditor abuse, bank gouging and dirty air and water and selecting a right wing SCOTUS justice.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:11 pm
@snood,
According to Politifact, Trump lies over 60% of the time; False or Pants on Fire. 10% is rated true. Not worth the effort to find when Trump tells the truth.
farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:47 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Or a wall
Was I dreaming this, or did someone from the Mexican Govt propose to erect a "Type of wall" that would be a huge series of SOLAR COLLECTORS. Mexico would pay for it if US bought the power.A 1300 mi wall would produce a few terawatts of DC (I dont know where the inverter stations would be but Id suggest near Brownsville where the heat could could serve the town at a cost)Mexico would pay off the wall (with a 30% US grant) and charge power at 0 .13$ a kilowatt.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Id love to see Trump testify > That would establish that someone is lying under oath, but who would it be??? Laughing Laughing Drunk
rosborne979

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 07:39 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
All I'm suggesting is, don't hold your breath waiting for Trump to testify under oath.

He can testify under oath. He just needs to be careful what he says.

Did you listed to his response to that reporter that asked him if he would be willing to testify under oath? He said, "I would be happy to go under oath and tell them what I just told you". Which is a whole lot different from saying he would go under oath and actually provide answers to probing questions.

None the less, it's a minefield of innuendo and partial answers which I'm not sure Trump has the skill to navigate, so I doubt we'll see him under oath any time soon.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 08:48 am
@rosborne979,
If he testifies under oath that Comey Lied , and Trump is lying then, thats a crime. (It dont take much)
Remember CLinton only lied bout a girl
rosborne979

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:19 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

If he testifies under oath that Comey Lied , and Trump is lying then, thats a crime.

Correct, but I wouldn't expect him to say Comey lied, I would expect him to say something like, "yes I said those things, but Comey misinterpreted my meaning". Trump would probably say something like, "I only said 'I HOPE you find a way to let it go". Then it'll be up the lawyers and judges to figure out what that means in context of asking people to leave the room. But it's very hard to nail someone down on "intent", when you can never really know someone's true intent. There's a whole lot of "squirl'in around" room on this.

I suspect we're going to hear a lot of the same from Jeff Sessions this afternoon. It's smokescreen time Smile
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:25 am
@rosborne979,
seems like hope is going to be Trump's is

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/chatterbox/1998/09/bill_clinton_and_the_meaning_of_is.html

Quote:
It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 01:39 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Or to produce tapes.

Or Melania's immigration papers
Or proof of Obama's Kenyan birth
Or tax returns
Or a wall
Or a Muslim ban
Or tax reform
Or an infrastructure bill
Or defeating Isis
Or almost anything that's come out of his lying mouth except getting rid of a lot of regulations that safeguarded us against creditor abuse, bank gouging and dirty air and water and selecting a right wing SCOTUS justice.

I would guess that you are not in to "settling." All that cortisol is just great for one's longevity (read: sarcastic).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 02:06 pm
@snood,
Snood, You missed racial bigot. He has many character flaws including a pathological liar. Just check out Politifact on "Trump lies."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 02:08 pm
@farmerman,
I want to see Trump testify under oath, but "everybody" knows he won't.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 05:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Trump just repealed Obamacare. He promised lower premiums and deductibles. Good luck!

Quote:
None of this is true
Obviously if congress passes a law and then President Trump signs it and after that the typical American finds his health insurance premiums fall even as his insurance coverage becomes more robust — with lower deductibles — then the AHCA is going to be be a huge political success.

Even more important than that, it will be a huge substantive success! Delivering cheaper premiums combined with more robust coverage would be an enormous blessing to an enormous number of people.

But the AHCA doesn’t do either of those things. After all, how could it? The heart of the bill is a $600 billion tax cut for affluent households and health industry corporations. The bill contains no reforms to the American health care payment or delivery systems. All it does is shift money around, largely by taking it away from subsidizing health coverage for older, sicker, and poorer people and plowing it into tax cuts.

The inevitable result is that millions of people will lose their insurance entirely, and those who remain will end up on average paying more for skimpier coverage.

Let's all make sure that Trump gets reelected, so he can screw the middle class and the poor.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 05:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Paul Ryan lied again!
http://www.latimes.com/business/lazarus/la-fi-lazarus-gop-healthcare-macarthur-amendment-20170504-story.html
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 05:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Wow! Trump's approval rating is now down to 28%. How much lower can it go?
snood

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 05:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Wow! Trump's approval rating is now down to 28%. How much lower can it go?

Even better - some polls are showing his once 90+ percent support from his base down into the 70s now. We've never seen his base numbers slip before. Up until now, it really seemed as if he could shoot somebody, and not lose a single person. Looks like that's changing. Maybe even some Trump supporters can reach a limit to the amount of this shitgibbon's horseshit they're willing to take.