Arnie V Hillary

smullo

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 07:28 pm
I'm betting that these two will be the two front runners in the 2008 election. I read somewhere that you have to amend the constitution to enable Arnie to run, i think the president has taken a liking to him and this may happen in the near future.

What are everyones thoughts about these two running? bearing in mind im from England who takes a real interest in American politics
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 549 • Replies: 15
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 07:31 pm
Hi smullo, welcome.

I really don't think Hillary will be the nominee in 2008. Polarization is already a huge problem, and she's a very polarizing figure. I think they'll be going for someone with crossover appeal.

I don't like Arnold much, but he is actually moderate on many issues. I would prefer him to other Republicans, but think he may be too moderate to have the way to the presidency smoothed for him by this administration.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 07:33 pm
Welcome to able2know, smullo!

I'm not sure that the constitution can be changed that quickly, we have to ask one of the natives on that one.

Advice: don't watch "Demolition Man" again...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 07:35 pm
(Missing word! I'd prefer Arnold to MANY other Republicans... I don't think he's the absolute top o' the heap.)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 08:09 pm
I think it'll be Rudy for the Repubs.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 10:30 pm
If Condi does well at State...

Condi vs. Hillary...now THAT would be interesting LOL.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 10:32 pm
Soz...I just heard McAuliff is still the pick to run the DNC. If he keeps Shrum around, don't you think Hillary's a shoe-in for '08?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 10:35 pm
smullo - add my welcome.

I don't think it's likely there will be a constitutional change in Arnold's political lifetime.

Whomever is nominated on the GOP side, it won't be Arnold.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 11:28 pm
Speaking as one of the natives, I'm sure Bigdice is right. It can't be amended that quickly, and that amendment just isn't going to happen.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 04:54 am
not born here?

great! welcome. make a new life. have fun. make money. get a california blond.

but no, you are not going to be my president.

oh. sorry. there i go being liberal again. unlike orin hatch. you know? that bastion of "traditional american values"?

b.s.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:09 am
Arnold won't get it and neither will Rudy. They are both pro-choice. That probably assures a third party split amongst present republicans and certain electoral loss. Jeb is possible. Frist is possible. Rice is possible.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:50 am
No. Jeb won't run.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:18 am
An amendment would qualify viable candidates other than Arnold, for one, Madeline Albright, Clinton's Secretary of State. Her foreign birth aside, she is vastly more qualified for the presidency than Arnold and lacks the polarizing reputation of Hillary.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:29 am
JustWonders wrote:
Soz...I just heard McAuliff is still the pick to run the DNC. If he keeps Shrum around, don't you think Hillary's a shoe-in for '08?

Nope.

Madeline Albright, that's interesting. I think she'd be seen as too old/ frail.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:31 am
JustWonders wrote:
No. Jeb won't run.

because he said so....and because, as we all know, the bushs' are bastions of the truth..... Laughing Crying or Very sad Laughing Crying or Very sad Laughing Crying or Very sad (don't know which to do)
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:33 am
You read it here first Smile
0 Replies