dont want to ruin the friendship but in so much pain!

novella

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 10:54 am
So I will cut to the chase. Close friends with my coworker, could be described as BFFs - we see eachother constantly out of work. I fell for her big time. The snag. Shes straight. She knows I am gay. I misread the "straight girl being affectionate with her friend" signs for the "I have feelings for you" signs. I told her my feelings and she let me down gently.

She still wants to be friends but its killing me, Im devastated and feel so foolish. We also still have to work together and its giving me major anxiety.

Any advice on how not to ruin things? How do I act, do I still invite her to hang out? Can I tell her if I am struggling and need space? Etc...please help its making me ill.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 971 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 10:56 am
@novella,
novella wrote:
do I still invite her to hang out? Can I tell her if I am struggling and need space?

if you are truly best friends, you should be able to talk to her about this. ask her the questions you have.

friendships as well as romantic relationships rely on good communication to be successful
0 Replies