In Memoriam, 58 Soldiers Perish This Week

Harper

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 11:42 am
Condolences to their families. This is so sad especially if one has the perspective that this is a futile exercise. (as far as Iraq goes)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,352 • Replies: 21
No top replies

dare2think

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 12:06 pm
Also hundreds of Iraqi's, are dead this week. One eye-witness says, women and children are lying dead all around, but of course bush and his supporters ignore this.
Why did they sic this monster bush on the world.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 12:14 pm
It is tragic.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 07:23 am
Yet, you want to send MORE troops/targets into Iraq????

You MUST be a Kerry supporter as you take both sides of the issue.

GW's dersire for a "sanitary war" is killing our troops.

Just bomb the place to dust and end it!
0 Replies

gav

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 01:21 pm
Who would have thought making a parking lot in Fallujah would be so dangerous!! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 02:53 pm
woiyo wrote:

The targeting or willful disregard for the lives of women and children is either wrong or it's not. If we stand on our moral perch and preach the evils of terrorism for doing just that, how is it okay for us to do it?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 02:56 pm
woiyo wrote:

when you folks end up in hell with the terrorists side by side the irony is going to be tooooooo delicious.....
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 02:58 pm
May their gods give our military patriots peace.

All we can do is give them and their friends and family our deepest sympathy in their grief.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 02:58 pm
A hell reference from someone who disparages religion.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:00 pm
Baldimo wrote:

I believe in heaven and hell and god.....I don't believe in religion. Try again without the blinders.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:01 pm
Baldimo wrote:

I too have noticed that logical constistency is not Bear's strong suit. Happens when you think with your heart instead of the better suited brain.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:03 pm
woiyo wrote:

I never said I wanted more troops sent to Iraq.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:05 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

I believe in heaven and hell and god.....I don't believe in religion. Try again without the blinders.

So, from what source did you get your belief in those things, bear?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Larry434 wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

I too have noticed that logical constistency is not Bear's strong suit. Happens when you think with your heart instead of the better suited brain.

or perhaps a broad view is not your strong suit....the ability to keep two thoughts in ones head at the same time can be difficult as you age....I would imagine....
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Freeduck:
I think you are under the false assumption that our soldiers are targeting or willfully disregarding the lives of women and children. Why do you assume that is the case? I do not doubt civilians have been killed, just as they are in all conflicts. But the power to end that killing is fully in the hands of those who will not lay down their arms or cease hiding among the civilian population while fighting against our forces.

Just seems to me you are blaming the wrong people.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:06 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

or perhaps a broad view is not your strong suit....the ability to keep two thoughts in ones head at the same time can be difficult as you age and are more taken up with issues such as continence I'm sure..... :wink:

LOL. Well it is certainly not taken up with an obsession with body functions. :wink:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:13 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
Freeduck:
I think you are under the false assumption that our soldiers are targeting or willfully disregarding the lives of women and children. Why do you assume that is the case? I do not doubt civilians have been killed, just as they are in all conflicts. But the power to end that killing is fully in the hands of those who will not lay down their arms or cease hiding among the civilian population while fighting against our forces.

Just seems to me you are blaming the wrong people.

I don't know about that CR. But my response was directed to woiyo's post about what he thought we should do about Fallujah. If we did what he's advocating then I think we would be targeting or deliberately disregarding civilian life.

I do agree with something you said, though. The power to end the killing is in the hands of those who won't stop fighting. That's always the other guy, right?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:23 pm
Sorry, Free. I missed that you were responding to woiyo's post. I would agree that if we did what he suggests we would most certainly be disregarding civilian lives and I bet that is why you won't see our military jumping on his suggestion. So I would agree with you on that point.

As for ending the killing, it is not always the other guy who needs to stop. Just the one who is defying the troops of the coalition and the interim government by hiding among civilians and thinking this will save their sorry butts. But granted, we too could walk away and let them continue in their attempts to keep the country from stabilizing under the interim government.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:26 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
As for ending the killing, it is not always the other guy who needs to stop. Just the one who is defying the troops of the coalition and the interim government by hiding among civilians and thinking this will save their sorry butts. But granted, we too could walk away and let them continue in their attempts to keep the country from stabilizing under the interim government.

...and possibly stabilizing under a government not of our choosing. Which is why we won't stop the fighting. They won't stop because they fail to see the merits of our little project.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:27 pm
So, neither side will stop (because both sides KNOW they are right, right?) and the killing will go on, and on, and on...

While both side calls the other 'barbarians' and refuses to negotiate.... I can't see this one ending anytime soon...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies