How Long Can You Make My Thread Get?

Dutchy

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 03:36 am
So pleased you mention that show, brings back many happy memories, one of my all time favourites, would never miss an episode. Nothing on TV today that can match it, comedy wise that is.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 04:36 am
What other British shows do you like?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 04:43 am
On the buses, Love thy neighbour, Steptoe and Son, Some mothers do have them even Alf Garnett strikes a chord. Most of these shows are ancient but you can still watch them daily on our pay TV channels.

Just want to add, you have plenty of good drama shows, but seeing drama all day, as I did in them days, I preferred to watch the comedy shows.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 04:52 am
Some of the modern comedy is quite good, have you seen Coupling?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 04:55 am
Sorry I have not, rarely watch TV nowadays. Sounds an interesting show, going by its title.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 04:56 am
It is, very amusing and well acted; I find some of those old shows you mention are very slow now, labouring the point. We have speeded up. It seems people actually walk 10% quicker now that 10 years ago!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:00 am
My goodness you are with it aren't you, I thought I have slowed down in the last ten years, maybe I'm wrong. Smile
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:14 am
I'm walking faster! Life's speeding up!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:58 am
Will try to increase my pace during my daily walk and perhaps catch upon a few years. Seriously though, I walk 45 minutes each day over undulating terrain.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 06:02 am
You may undulate, but our High Street is extremely steep... Anyway I'm not speaking competitively here, this is just something to do with the pace of life; more stress, less sleep, longer working hours here in Britain. Not for me, though!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 06:07 am
I would say the same circumstances prevail in this country. Pleased to say I'm out of the rat race and set my own pace.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 06:08 am
My feelings entirely, I'm sorry for my sons' generation, life is pretty tough for them.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 07:32 am
Well you never know what's in store for them. My son left school at 15 with no education at all, yet today he is a successful business man. Ever since I've been thinking is higher education a requirement for everybody?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 01:48 pm
No it isn't, you want your garbage shifting don't you?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:28 pm
Even that has become a work of art. Our garbage collectors sit in a big airconditioned truck with their HI FI stereos and the mechanical robot does all the work.
0 Replies

whiteviolet

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 06:36 am
Good, sounds like in that instance mechanisation is a real benefit. I disagree with all the wringing of hands about the present and the future - I envy the present generation their opportunities and you need to keep up, you old codgers!
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 06:50 am
No way, the spoiled brats should be pushed down coal mines and made to sleep in trenches filled up with mud and slime, with bullets flying round their ears.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 05:13 pm
Times have changed Mathos. Have visted the world's largest Uranium mine in the north of our State, 500km of underground roads, everything is mined mechanically, no one is sweating anymore. Plenty of women driving the enormous trolleys etc. and earning big money!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 03:03 am
All the same, if we are to believe the doomsters, our (older) generation is going to be the last with certain luxuries such as cars, washing machines, garbage disposal trucks etc.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 04:16 am
Dutchy wrote:
Times have changed Mathos. Have visted the world's largest Uranium mine in the north of our State, 500km of underground roads, everything is mined mechanically, no one is sweating anymore. Plenty of women driving the enormous trolleys etc. and earning big money!
You should show Spendius around, he'd be thrilled.

Interesting that they are mining uranium. Whatever would we do without it?
0 Replies