Beginning to Realize Kerry's Defeat was a Good Thing

Harper

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 11:36 am
Wow, I have to wonder how anyone could herald Bush's prescription drug bill as an accomplishment. Although the drug companies love it.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 01:49 pm
I think it is quite an acomplishment, I can't even imagine someone managing to get something like that passed here.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 01:53 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 03:07 pm
The notion that it's a good thing to "leave Bush to his mess" may be emotionally satisfying but is a worrisome attitude.

The "mess" is ours, regardless of who is responsible for it.

Furthermore, to them it's not a mess. They are successfully instituting their policies.

It should not be a comfort to Democrats to leave Bush to further move the country to positions they are diametrically opposed to.
0 Replies

dare2think

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 03:46 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Well, I've searched and searched...just can't seem to find where that education or prescription drug bill was passed by Congress during the whopping 8 year reign of Clinton. Wait...Clinton just talked a lot about it Smile

Talk is cheap. George Bush got the job done Smile

For your information, Clinton was blocked by the Republican congress. So it wasn't just talk, the guy was blocked, the Republicans did everything thing they could to sabotage Clintons presidency, or do you forget this, including shutting down the government. remember that, dear?
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 08:00 pm
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 11:38 am
I prefaced my comments that I may be guilty of sweet lemon thinking, (that is the converse of sour grapes) Of course, if things get worse, we all suffer, especially our brave fighting men and women in our armed forces and their families. But sometimes things need to get worse before they get better. Now this may be wishful thinking but many pundits have analyzed this loss may be akin to Goldwaters crushing defeat in 64, (?) in that the progressives will rise from the ashes of this defeat to greater heights, like the conservatives did in '64.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 04:15 pm
Harper wrote:
I prefaced my comments that I may be guilty of sweet lemon thinking, (that is the converse of sour grapes) Of course, if things get worse, we all suffer, especially our brave fighting men and women in our armed forces and their families. But sometimes things need to get worse before they get better. Now this may be wishful thinking but many pundits have analyzed this loss may be akin to Goldwaters crushing defeat in 64, (?) in that the progressives will rise from the ashes of this defeat to greater heights, like the conservatives did in '64.

See your above comment that I bolded? Keep that in mind as you think about the Iraq war and the longterm effect it will have on the region and the world.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 06:46 pm
Think about context.
0 Replies