Are you an an atheist then look at this video?

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 02:14 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFLdbM3lpiE

Are you an an atheist then look at this video?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,014 • Replies: 9
No top replies

centrox

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 03:50 pm
I looked at it. Twice. I'm still an atheist.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 03:31 am
@Alan McDougall,
What makes you so insistent that everyone see the world the way you see it?

And why would you choose such an unconvincing video to make your case? Reports of NDE's do not provide the compelling evidence that there is a "soul", that it exists outside of the body, and that there is an afterlife. Kattein doesn't seem to grasp that people can find solace without religion. His assertion that non-believers commit suicide at a higher rate than believers proves nothing.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 12:53 pm
Additionally, the claim is not substantiated. That's classic " "cuz I said so" evidence.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 25 May, 2017 04:32 am
I like the way the guy just assumes that believers aren't subject to the sorts of existential crises which he apparently believes drive atheists to suicide. In reality, many suffering believers are afraid to end their lives and only continue living because their religion browbeats the fear of hell into them.
Saberta

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 10:11 am
NDEs already have been explained, plus living billions of years in an imaginary afterlife does not make existence purposeful "per se"
saab

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 10:38 am
@Saberta,
I am not an atheist, but that video could sure make me one, if I had to listen to that guy talking too long.
Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2017 08:52 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

I like the way the guy just assumes that believers aren't subject to the sorts of existential crises which he apparently believes drive atheists to suicide. In reality, many suffering believers are afraid to end their lives and only continue living because their religion browbeats the fear of hell into them.

Although you do not know me, you hate me!
Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2017 08:53 am
@saab,
saab wrote:

I am not an atheist, but that video could sure make me one, if I had to listen to that guy talking too long.

The fact is that you are an atheist, and hide this from your family and friends?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2017 10:08 am
@Alan McDougall,
Quote:
...you hate me!

You keep making this totally unfounded claim. Look, you post stuff here for people to read and share their reactions with the rest of the A2K community. Some of the things you claim to "know" are very subjective and induce a skeptical reaction in people who don't already subscribe to your version of the universe. I don't know why you would equate that with hatred. For someone who claims to be so reverent and god-connected you seem to have a very thin skin and perhaps some cognitive difficulties as well.

Examples:
1. My comment on the video made no mention of you, only the boring, unconvincing narrator — or is that actually you? In any case I see no sign of hatred on my part.

2. In your next post you say this about Saab:
Quote:
The fact is that you are an atheist...

Saab never claimed to be an atheist and if you've read Saab's other posts, she seems to be a happy and committed Christian.

0 Replies