Manchester attack: 22 dead and 59 hurt in suicide bombing

izzythepush

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 04:22 am
Quote:
An area of Moss Side in Manchester has been evacuated as part of a search linked to Monday's bomb attack.
It comes as police continue their investigation into the bombing, which killed 22 people.
The evacuation is a precautionary measure to "ensure everyone's safety" Greater Manchester Police said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40069959<br />
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 04:46 am
@izzythepush,
It is the same in Scandinavia - just exchange the names and the policial parties.
Why do we have problems in Sweden, which was never involved in Iraq?
Oficially German was not involved either - there has been terror attacks.
A jihadist in Sweden, who wants to become a suicide bomber, cannot be send back, because then he will be arrested in his homecountry. He had done some terror against a shiamuslim place in Malmö.
He is now a free man in Malmö. He will try to leave Sweden on his own and join IS. He is dangerous. Who is to blame when/if something happens?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 05:09 am
@saab,
Did you have problems before the invasion of Iraq? Sweden is viewed as part of the west, part of Christendom. You may not have been involved directly, but you did not condemn it in the most forthright terms by breaking off diplomatic ties.

You can either think that these people are evil, that western policy/action in the ME, (including selling arms to Wahhabbist Saudi Arabia,) has nothing to do with this, that it's just hatred of our freedoms or you can take a more realistic approach.

At times you sound like someone rambling down the pub, a jihadist in Malmo is very vague, so is the reasons why he cannot be deported or what he's charged with. I find it hard to believe that someone guilty of terrorist offences in Malmo would not be charged.

I think you're being deliberately vague so what you're saying, (if it's true, and I suspect it's only partially true,) cannot be argued with.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 05:11 am
Quote:
The UK terrorism threat level has been reduced from critical to severe, Prime Minister Theresa May has said.
The change indicates an attack is highly likely, not imminently expected.
Soldiers deployed to support the police will be stood down on Monday night, at the close of the bank holiday weekend.
Earlier on Saturday, police evacuated an area of Moss Side in Manchester, in a search linked to Monday's bomb attack at the Manchester Arena which killed 22 people and left scores injured.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40069959
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 05:27 am
@izzythepush,
http://jyllands-posten.dk/international/europa/ECE9607545/efter-mislykket-udvisning-har-sverige-sat-syrisk-istilhaenger-paa-fri-fod-i-malmoe/
I said this jihadist had done a terror attack against a shiamuslim place in Malmö and he cannot be deported because he would be arrested and put in prison in his homecountry. Is that vague?
saab

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 05:32 am
@izzythepush,
Sweden has had diplomatic connections with Iraq since 1903 and I do not know if the embassy was closed down during the war. The government - at that
time social democratic - was against the Iraq war, but behind the curtain Sweden did help bombing Bagdad.
As far as I remember the Swedish government sold weapons to Iraq during the Iran/Iraq war and also sold weapons to Iran.
Sweden has not always been such an innocent country as like so give the impression of to be.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 05:35 am
@saab,
Yes it's vague. Very vague in fact, if someone was caught armed with Molotov cocktails enroute to commit a firebombing they would be jailed. He wasn't. That means they didn't have enough evidence to convict. The rest of the article is full of hearsay and conjecture, no real facts. It reads like the sort of trashy journalism we find in the Daily Mail.
saab

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 05:47 am
@izzythepush,
He was arrested the 11 of oct last year. The migration atthoriteis wanted to send him to his home country, but could not as he there would have been arrested.
As there are indiciens against him but no proof of fingerprints he got free.
He himself said he had nothing to do with the attack.
I did not know you could read Danish or Swedish.
Jyllands Posten is far from anything like Daily Mail. It is a liberal Danish
newspaper and well respected in Denmark.
Sydsvenskan is also a liberal newspaper.
https://www.sydsvenskan.se/2017-03-31/kallar-sig-jihadist--men-fornekar-malmodad
saab

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 06:06 am
@saab,
By the way it is seldom one can find fingerprints on already thrown and exploded molotow cocktails.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 06:12 am
@saab,
saab wrote:
I did not know you could read Danish or Swedish.

I used google translate. Why did you post something you thought I wouldn't understand if you weren't trying to muddy the waters?
saab

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 06:26 am
@izzythepush,
I posted Jyllandsposten just to show were I had the information from - not really that I expected you to read it.
Then I had the impression you could read, so I added the Swedish.
Sorry I got all confused. Take it as compliment as I thought you could read it.

In Scandinavia a new paper article is as a rule very short and clear.
Daily Mail style you would find in Expressen or Aftonbladet or Ekstra Bladet.

Be careful with google translation - I have had some real bad translations.
The suns shines, in Swedish - solen skiner- translated to the sun seems.
camlok

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 06:29 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Although the blame falls squarely on the perpetrators the fact remains that we never had problems with Islamist terrorists in Britain before the illegal invasion of Iraq.

I'm surprised to see you admit that there could be causative factors, Izzy.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 06:38 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Prior to this outrage Manchester was bombed by Christian IRA terrorists who also targeted innocents and killed children.

Would that have been in response to some centuries of Christian British terrorism in Ireland, Izzy?

0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 10:59 am
Quote:
Izzy: Although the blame falls squarely on the perpetrators the fact remains that we never had problems with Islamist terrorists in Britain before the illegal invasion of Iraq.

Don't you think it might be important to mention that Iraq has had big problems with thieving British and American terrorists since the early 20th century?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 01:09 pm
@saab,
The thing you're arguing against is the Human Rights Act. Theresa May has long argued against it, and some jihadists do abuse the system, but I'd rather that than not have it.

Once you start chipping away at human rights it sets a dangerous precedent.
saab

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 01:57 pm
@izzythepush,
I did not argue against the man not being sent back. All I said was that the migration administration did not send him back. That is a fact and not an arguement.
I have not said anything against it and I have not even used the words "Human Rights Act"
You really interperted something which I did not say nor did I think so.
camlok

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 02:02 pm
@saab,
I too, was wondering what planet Izzy was on.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 02:35 pm
@saab,
What other grounds could they have for not sending him back if not human rights? You sounded pretty unhappy about the way he'd been dealt with by immigration. If I'm mistaken I apologise, so are you happy that he's still living in Malmo?
camlok

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 06:26 pm
@izzythepush,
You are quite good at mind boggling diversion, Izzy.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 09:30 pm
@izzythepush,
He was correctly NOT sent back because of human rights.
He is considered dangerous, he calls himself a jihadist and he has attacked
a Muslim place with molotow cocktails. He was arrested for hate crime and arson. He is a free man in Malmö, NOT because of human rights, but because of Swedish laws, which are very strict when it comes to putting someone into a SWEDISH prison.
I would think that many Muslims just a Swedes would prefer to see him in a Swedish prison than running free on the streets. Afterall he attacked other Muslims.