How often is Fast Food on your menu?

Lady J

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 05:24 pm
How often is Fast Food a part of your day? Your week? Your month?

The other night my daughter came home from work with a Taco Bell Bag in hand. It smelled really good! I tried to remember the last time that I had eaten any fast food and the closest I could guess was at least 6 months or more ago.

Because of our busier and busier lifestyles, has Fast Food made its way into our regular dining (breakfast, lunch, dinner) more than ever before?

How often do you partake?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,803 • Replies: 47
No top replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 05:26 pm
Now I just need how to learn how to spell! Smile Me goots speeling guuut!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 05:30 pm
I don't eat a lot of fast food as I tend to get sick of it really fast. But when I do have it, I love it......mmm...good ol' greece burger!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 05:41 pm
The greece burger: Is that with feta cheese on top? That does sound tasty!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 05:47 pm
I ate at McDonalds for the first time in maybe a year the other day and I spent the rest of it foten....nasty stinky ones too.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 05:50 pm
perhaps you should try the fajitas or the oriental
salads....my current favourites! I would be happy
ordering in or out for the rest of my life!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 05:58 pm
Lady J, you can edit your title if you click edit on the first post (that is, if you want to).

I couldn't vote because I have fast food about once every year and a half when I succumb to a Burger King fish burger. No defense for that..

I like some food that is fast but still delicious - we have a place called Tomo here, that makes good sushi and gyogi to go - but mostly I'm a Slowfood girl.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 06:05 pm
we love lady j and are only teasing you good naturedly about the typos

(((((((((((((((((BEAR HUG))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 06:30 pm
Reminder to self: Take another pill!!!! Smile

Thanks Bi! You have made me feel the best I have felt all day! Smile
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 06:35 pm
ossobuco,

Thank you! I did it! Smile

I used to love Burger Kings Big Fish until the last time I tried one about a year and a half ago. It shrank. Little. Like the McDonald's size and didn't taste the same. Shrinking size and higher profits. Ain't that just peachy. Mad
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 07:44 pm
I admit it, I love the salads. I wish more places did them. Rarely eat burgers or fries ect. though, and I never drink pop. I'm like shepaints, if I could eat at all my friends restaraunts, I would.
Not because I can't cook, but because they're so good.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 08:00 pm
MMM..pop...I love pop......it helped me quit smoking.....anyways...sorry...carry on!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 08:34 pm
My fast-food intake consists of egg and cheese bagels at dunkin donuts. I get them 2-3 time a month.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 08:58 pm
so how's fast food defined here?
i get things that don't take a lot of time to get, but "I" don't think they're fast food - like wonton soup at Kim's in the food court under our office. or grilled european sandwiches (they call 'em panini at the upscale sandwich joints) at Ruffage's (ditto location). is that fast food?
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 09:14 pm
EhBeth,

I was more referring to the McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, etc., drive thru...."slide right through ya kinda fare"

I'm more like osso and like a slow meal myself
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 09:16 pm
You mean International Brand Name Fast Food? Franchise Fast Food?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 09:19 pm
ahhhhhh, that makes it easier

i don't do fast food then, though I will eat some of Perry's fries when he treats himself on Fridays Very Happy
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 09:44 pm
Read Fast Food Nation and you'll never attack a Big Mac again.

But I do still partake of an occasional sub from Subway and am a semi-regular at a local Panera bread.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 09:47 pm
Anybody tried white castle burgers? mmmm...

Fast food is perfectly fine as an occasional thing. In fact, some fast-food itmes are actually healthy and tasty (I know this b/c my mom is on and off of diets), such as jack in the box's chicken fajita pita and wendy's chili and salads.

I have a policy on food. You can tell how bad the food is for you by looking at the food employees. The fatter they are, the worse the food is for you. As far as I can tell, long john silvers is the worst. I have never seen a long John silvers employee in my life who was under 300 pounds.

Thar she blows!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 09:53 pm
If Panera is considered fast food.... well, I eat out often at restuarants and take out places that aren't national chains - like ana's taqueria and vegie planet and bartly's burger joint.
0 Replies