Miller Lite ads: garbage

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 08:16 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
CalamityJane--if you live in San Diego, you're in the realm of Stone Brewery. They make Arrogant Bastard, which has rec'd major praise on another thread. Lucky gal!

D'artagnan, I live in San Diego, but I've never heard of "Arrogant Bastard Beer" http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/schuechtern/icon_blue.gif
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 01:58 pm
Well then, you owe yourself the pleasure of making its acquaintance, Jane! It's a small brewery, but I'm sure you can find some there...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 02:51 pm
On the big three. Coors Light tastes like recycled beer. Miller Light isn't bad, it's flavorful and much better than MGD anything. Bud Light is somewhat better but also has about four times as many carbs.

Those ultra-light beers have absolutely no taste whatsoever. You might as well drink club soda. "Help! I can't taste my beer!".
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 02:50 pm
Some good American Beers are Samuel Adams (can you still consider that a micro brew?), Rogue brewery out of Oregon, and Goose Island right here in Chicago. Almost forgot Old Style at Cubs games.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 03:42 pm
Samuel Adams is a contract brewery. Not brewed in any one place, but licensed to be brewed in various locations. Those others you mention, sublime, I would consider micros...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 04:42 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Well then, you owe yourself the pleasure of making its acquaintance, Jane! It's a small brewery, but I'm sure you can find some there...

Okay, now I'm curious and will search for it Smile
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:20 pm
D'artagnan,

I've tasted the "Arrogant Bastard Beer" now - luckily
I bought only one bottle, as I find it much to bitter.

I prefer the dark sweeter kind.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:39 pm
MMmmmm arrogant bastard ale. I love that stuff. And the double bastard and the IPA. Stone is just a great brewery. Too bad it's so expensive!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:43 pm
We could have Littlek run the Boston marathon only if we attached a bottle of ABA dangling off a stick in front of her.

It is bitter...but it's good. Sipping beer, not something you chug down and crush the bottle off your forehead. Well maybe I would.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:46 pm
Hey, that might work! An ABA and a Toblerone Dark.

And, back to the topic of the thread - I'm so glad I don't watch tv. When ever I do I am sort of shocked by the ads I see. They're stoopid and meaningless.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:49 pm
I'm not a big on the TV either, pretty much just comedy shows and sports. I spent all this money on a home theatre and TV for my bedroom, barely gets used.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:49 pm
I have a hard time justifying cable - so I don't buy it.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:55 pm
It's f'n expensive at hell.

But right now I'm watching football on high definition, so can't complain too much. (TV bought off my crackhead ex-boss's crackhead wife).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:59 pm
Well, there ya go, you're using the service.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 04:17 pm
If I didn't have cable, how could I watch endless reruns of Ron Artest and friends vs. the fans in Detroit?

On second thought, maybe not the best argument for cable...
0 Replies