Miller Lite ads: garbage

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 11:13 am
First off: Miller beer, and Miller Lite tastes like warm gorilla piss. Not that Bud Light and Coors Light are the best beers out there, but I like those a lot more.

Now, has anyone else noticed this about the Miller Lite taste challenge: at the bottom of commercials and print ads, it says "based on which beer has more flavor, not preference or smoothness."

So Miller has been shown in taste tests to have more flavor....

"More flavor?" Let me ask you a question: what has more flavor, a Miller Lite, or the liquid that resides at the bottom of a garbage can? Now, which would you prefer to drink? "Flavor" is a pretty general term.

Advertising definitely caters to the stupid. What are the most deceiving ads you can think of?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,717 • Replies: 34
No top replies

superjuly

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 11:28 am
No wonder I dropped out of Advertising and Graphic Design school...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 12:44 pm
never having drunk warm gorilla piss, I will yield to your expert opinion. I disliked most American beers except Yuengling and Chesterfield Ale.
Most of the others, besides being kinda tasteless, had a secret ingredient that, on a good day, would give you the worsat headache ever.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 12:47 pm
One of my favorite dumb commercials

"Does the picture on your tv look this good?"
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 12:49 pm
Actually it tastes a lot more like orangutan piss. Coors lite tastes like gorilla piss, and Bud tastes like baboon piss.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 12:54 pm
I used to date a girl whose piss tasted like Long Island Iced Teas.....but that's a different story for a different time......
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:02 pm
Miller, Bud, Coors (and all their variants) are weak-tasting beers, IMHO.

Fortunately, there are options these days just about everywhere in the U.S. for those who want some flavor in their brew. (By which I don't mean the various pisses discussed above.)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 01:13 pm
Have you seen those "Does fish make you uncomfortable?" ads for some frozen fish company?

Those freak me out.

I think all pharmacutical ads are deceptive. The side effects often sound worse than the disease.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 10:13 am
I haven't seen the fish ads.

Drug ads are f'n hilarious. Showing some woman jogging, walking her dog, sharing a long hug with some guy...."Genital Herpes can be controled. maycausedrowsinessheadachesinsomniatourettesebola."

Another beer ad campaign that shows that PEOPLE ARE STUPID: Michelob Ultra. The "low carb" beer.

The commercials would show some chick at the gym, running on the treadmill, wiping sweat off herself, then goes to the Mick Ultra logo. Hey, it worked, women everywhere are drinking this stuff. Why do I say people are stupid? Because it's pretty much the same calorie/carb content as Miller Lite, and the difference between it and the other light beers isn't significant. The sales were purely from marketing.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 11:13 am
I also don't like american beer - it's full of preservatives
and gives you a hangover only. Mexican beer (dos equis, Pacifica) is pretty good, yet no beer compares to the
german ones.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 11:25 am
Any beer commercial is marketed at morons, in my opinion. It's almost always "look, here's a big pair of tits--now drink this!"

Not that I mind seeng a big pair of tits, I'm just saying.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 11:57 am
Like the Coor's Light twins, Kicky. Speaking of tits, I went to Hooter's last night for some wings, and they sell a $199 combo of wings and a bottle of Dom. Uhhh...yea.

Jane, you can't possibly mean all American beers. There's some great microbrews. What German beers do you like? That's funny, because last night I was talking to my roomate about different beers, and he was telling me his buddy from Switzerland who recently visited was saying how much he loved American beers, and hated German beers. He was drinking micros though, not Bud-type beers.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 01:05 pm
Slappy, I'm partial to dark beer and german beer
has the purest ingredients for it (german FDA regulated).
Also "Weissbier" is quite good from a small region in
Bavaria called Weihnstephan, a religious compound where
monks used to brew it. Name brands would be "Paulaner"
and "Franziskaner".

I agree though that micro brews are better than the
commercial ones. We have a "Karl Strauss Brewery"
that serves excellent beer.

The Swiss have no clue about beer, they're good in
producing chocolates, period. Wink
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 01:15 pm
Actually, he did bring some chocolate...it was awesome.

I've heard of Strauss. Don't think I've had it though
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 01:21 pm
I guess it's a typical San Diego thing,
just like Rubio's fish tacos Mr. Green
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 01:27 pm
We have some great micro-brewers here. Big Rock is the king though, not really small enough anymore to be called a micro though. The biggest seller is Molson Canadian... a lager with more taste than most beer down south, but not much.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 01:37 pm
Yes, the Molson is big up in Canadia land. I was in Montreal a little over a month ago. I may have had one or 19.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 02:05 pm
The beer commercials are the most insipid.

The scenario that comes to my mind is a commercial that shows people drinking away and playing a mean game of volleyball in the HOT SUN and diving into the sand making incredible shots that a straight person would have difficulty pulling off.

Now that is ridiculous!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 05:09 pm
CalamityJane--if you live in San Diego, you're in the realm of Stone Brewery. They make Arrogant Bastard, which has rec'd major praise on another thread. Lucky gal!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 05:22 pm
There is a beer called "Arrogant Bastard?" hmm. Maybe it's a subliminal warning label, a way of telling people what they will become like if they drink to much.
0 Replies