I'm a lead in a film with no experience!!

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 03:21 pm
So basically, I heard there is an Independent, Full Length Feature Film being filmed near where I live. As I've studied in Film Production, I wanted to get involved in the film as a runner/roadie or an assistant to help out with everyday things onset. However, I went to the 'Casting & Crew Day' and explain I wanted to get involved with the production as a runner etc, then the director of the film turn to me and said "You know, we are looking for a male lead, and you have the look we're going for... would you be interested?" (Baring in mind I've never acted before and I told them this!)

I was a bit hesitant at first but ended up saying Yes, and spent the day reading lines with the producer and some of the other cast. I must've done something right as they still want me as the lead!

Now a week or two has passed, I've started to worry about what I'm getting myself in for. I'm actually excited about being in a film but I'm worried I'll let people down.

I'm just asking for some advice about being a lead in a film and also acting in general. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,891 • Replies: 10

roger

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 03:22 pm
@AllProAzza,
Didn't you ask the same question on the 16th?
0 Replies

newmoonnewmoon

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 08:32 pm
@AllProAzza,
Just be yourself. Dont try to be someone youre not. As in follow with how the movie is going. Observe everything well and understand.
chirchri

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 01:04 am
@AllProAzza,
Amazing...
Take it easy !
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 01:21 am
@newmoonnewmoon,
But, isn't the point of being an actor to be the character; not oneself?
saab

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 01:26 am
Roger got it right.
In playing a role you do not play yourself.
0 Replies

newmoonnewmoon

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 05:29 pm
@roger,
Yes. But. You have to be yourself while pretending to be another. Just dont be stupid completely stupid to the point it is rediculous. Be reasonable.
roger

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 05:31 pm
@newmoonnewmoon,
I don't begin to understand what you just wrote, but whatever. . . .
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 07:12 pm
@roger,
I was in commercials as a kid (long story). I had family in the film business, starting with my father editing film after he left med school to take care of his mother - that was, from papers I looked at, in 1926. Whatever went on then, I don't know much, have some photos of the mom.

I've not been an actor, but I've known many, have fed a lot of them. Father's mother died around just before the time my parents married,
0 Replies

newmoonnewmoon

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 07:37 pm
@roger,
Okay thanks.
0 Replies

Eian Mcneely

Reply Fri 26 May, 2017 11:54 pm
@AllProAzza,
That's the reason they made you lead ...
0 Replies