Roger Ailes: Fox News founder dies at 77

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 07:05 am
Quote:
The ex-chairman and founder of Fox News Roger Ailes has died aged 77, his family says.

A statement from his wife Elizabeth to US media said she was "profoundly sad and heartbroken", calling him a "patriot".

Mr Ailes ran Fox News since it launched in 1996, turning it into a ratings hit and hugely influential voice in the US political landscape.

But he stepped down last year amid allegations of sexual assault.

At the time he said he was resigning because he had become a "distraction".

He once served as a media advisor to former US President Richard Nixon, later serving advising Donald Trump during his campaign last year.

This is from the BBC website, sorry my computer is playing up so I can't post a link.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,598 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 07:07 am
@izzythepush,

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39963887
izzythepush

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 07:08 am
@Region Philbis,
Thanks.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Thu 18 May, 2017 09:27 pm
Seems odd. Being fired last year for making unwanted sexual advances to the help, then dying from bad health the next year.

You would figure that if he was having serious health problems, he would have slowed down on the sex advances a long time ago.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 12:29 am
@Blickers,
I think he had a massive ego, probably in denial about his health.
Blickers

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 09:50 am
@izzythepush,
He died from complications of a bad physical fall.

In a high percentage of cases, falls among the elderly result from alcohol or drugs. Unless you're falling off a ladder, (it's hard to imagine Ailes on a ladder), most of us have the reflexes to throw our hands up over our face and head and prevent a truly damaging fall. Otherwise, nobody would ever make it past the age of six-kids fall all the time. But their reflexes protect them from the worst. If alcohol or drugs are involved, those reflexes don't work as well.
0 Replies