1
   

HOWARD DEAN WOULD HAVE !!

 
 
Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 12:56 am
Thousands of People stood in copley square, On a cold Boston night to hear an address from a candidate they had worked tirelessly to elect ! But that candidate could not be bothered to do so ! Once defeat was clear , John Kerry sent A freshman senator to give the concision speech. In Boston ! Kerry's Home town , And a democrat strong hold ! Is this a man Interested in the Democratic party , And Its future . Or A man interested in staying out of the cold, When nothing is to be gained ? Howard Dean would have put on a jacket, and wached the election returns , On jumbotron.....WITH HIS SUPPORTERS !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,824 • Replies: 34
No top replies

 
Larry434
 
  1  
Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 06:29 am
Re: HOWARD DEAN WOULD HAVE !!
georgia brown wrote:
Thousands of People stood in copley square, On a cold Boston night to hear an address from a candidate they had worked tirelessly to elect ! But that candidate could not be bothered to do so ! Once defeat was clear , John Kerry sent A freshman senator to give the concision speech. In Boston ! Kerry's Home town , And a democrat strong hold ! Is this a man Interested in the Democratic party , And Its future . Or A man interested in staying out of the cold, When nothing is to be gained ? Howard Dean would have put on a jacket, and wached the election returns , On jumbotron.....WITH HIS SUPPORTERS !


But with the same, or worse, results, IMO.
0 Replies
 
revel
 
  1  
Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 07:14 am
In my opinion it was Kerry's attitude of not showing up that kept him from getting more than 51% of the vote.

What I mean is that we were energized but he wasn't but we supported him because there was nothing wrong with him the way the republicans kept saying there was. (at least that is why I started defending him so much)

You got to hand it to Dean, he was and is energetic and if it wasn't for him, we would have lost by way more than 51% of the vote. I hope he continues to be active now that Kerry is not running. I am still confused about why he was thought to be unelectable and so lost the in the primaries so quickly.
0 Replies
 
Larry434
 
  1  
Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 07:18 am
revel wrote:
In my opinion it was Kerry's attitude of not showing up that kept him from getting more than 51% of the vote.

What I mean is that we were energized but he wasn't but we supported him because there was nothing wrong with him the way the republicans kept saying there was. (at least that is why I started defending him so much)

You got to hand it to Dean, he was and is energetic and if it wasn't for him, we would have lost by way more than 51% of the vote. I hope he continues to be active now that Kerry is not running. I am still confused about why he was thought to be unelectable and so lost the in the primaries so quickly.


IMO, it was the message, not the message. Witness McGovern, Mondale, Dukakis and Gore.
0 Replies
 
revel
 
  1  
Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 07:25 am
I am tempted to reply with a school yard response, but I will refrain and just say, I disagree.
0 Replies
 
Larry434
 
  1  
Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 07:29 am
revel wrote:
I am tempted to reply with a school yard response, but I will refrain and just say, I disagree.


O.K., if you enjoy losing. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies
 
woiyo
 
  1  
Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 07:41 am
Arrogant presumption on the part of the Democrats to erect that HUGE stage, disrupt traffic for 5 days KNOWING the race was not going to be decided that evening.

For those who stood outside in the cold rain waiting, (sorry but) HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!

Did anyone really think the race was going to be decided that day???

And Howard Dean???? He had his 15 minutes of fame and now he has written a book. In other words, it's over for him also!!!
0 Replies
 
georgia brown
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 12:35 am
woiyo , I did not agree with a single thing Dean said during the demacrat primary . I find him to be in a world of his own. Infact I put zero credence in any of the democrat primary canidates. But what separated Dean from the rest of the socialist managairy? He gave his asinine point of view , and never once altered it. the rest of them changed their opinion to fit the last person that entered the room.
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 08:44 am
I would have voted for Dean.
0 Replies
 
FreeDuck
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:13 am
Me too. Which is why he got so torched in the primary.
0 Replies
 
georgia brown
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:54 pm
Now kerry is thinking of running agian , The democrats need a real candidate .
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 10:58 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I would have voted for Dean.

Seriously?? Shocked

<recovers>
Well ... good on ya, mate!
0 Replies
 
revel
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:26 am
I know that raised an eyebrow with me too. I mean Dean was/is very anti Iraq war from the beginning to the end. Maybe he was joking.
0 Replies
 
revel
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:27 am
As for who is going to run in 08', I think we shouldn't even go there. Let the republicans have their day all on their own will be the best thing we could do.
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:47 am
Dean had a good message and would have been a great president. Kerry lost because he was a career politician. Dean would have won because he wasn't.
0 Replies
 
georgia brown
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 10:11 pm
you're probably right ! but they chose the wrong man.
0 Replies
 
FreeDuck
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 08:03 am
McGentrix wrote:
Dean had a good message and would have been a great president. Kerry lost because he was a career politician. Dean would have won because he wasn't.


I think he also would have won because his career as governor was successful, and because he knew how to talk. I think all those years in the Senate destroyed Kerry's ability to talk like a normal person. Dean was normal.
0 Replies
 
NeoGuin
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:51 am
I myself think Dean wouldn't have done any better or worse than Kerry.

But he would have made things a lot more interesting as he'd have "gone hard" at Bush at every opportunity.

PS. Just so you "Busheep" know, we aren't going away anytime soon. At least not the Harrisburg, PA brigade:)
0 Replies
 
georgia brown
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 11:04 pm
Neo , A stuffed animal or, a deck of cards could have been elected over Bush. In a countrey so full of denial , Hatred for capitolism , and the american way . the numbers were simply agianst him! But the democrats , Once agian too left for the left Presented A freak show feild of nine candidates, not one of them making sence to the independant voter. Or for that matter to anyone at all. Bush won becouse he's the better man, period ! those of you who vote democrat need to bring that party back to the people. It now belongs to high paid politicians, corrupt unions, and illegle alians!
0 Replies
 
NeoGuin
 
  1  
Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 05:27 am
Bush won because he was able to scare enough "sheep", with help from his "Sheepdog" media.

IMHO.

We'll see how long this "Fear Machine" can work as casualities and debts mount and as more and more groups of people come under fire. ]

Now if the GOP stops letting religious and free-market fundamentalists, neo-imperialists, etc run the show, we may be able to talk.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
TEA PARTY TO AMERICA: NOW WHAT?! - Discussion by farmerman
 
  1. Forums
  2. » HOWARD DEAN WOULD HAVE !!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/17/2024 at 04:04:04