Albuquerque

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2023 03:40 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2023 05:05 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2023 02:14 pm
I apologise for the extremely cheesy tittle. Still worth my time!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2023 02:36 pm

I guess today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed...my reaction:

Quote:
...oh frack off you ignoramus you never left out the Philosophical basket you idiot...I am ever more tone depth to this pseudo appeal to scientific authority...it just goes to show how ignorant most scientists are about their own philosophical prejudices...the whole parody has become really insufferable!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2023 03:37 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2023 06:54 pm

Lets see if one can simplify the topic so much that it will seam super complex...
I am a Moral Realist.
My axiom for Moral Realism is Existence.
I don't believe in Free Will, thus I don't believe in choice, and still I claim that everything that exits is NECESSARILY Good precisely because it exits!
There is no bigger criteria for what is Good then the ORDER of THINGS is my very simple rational!
I call this the all inclusive Theory of Good!
If it looks like awfully similar to Moral Relativism is because it is...the nuance is that Moral Relativism ascertains that things are neither good or bad while I ascertain that all things that exist are NECESSARILY Good!
Albuquerque

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2023 08:06 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2023 02:33 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2023 03:24 pm
Just a footnote for those who quickly skipped the cheesy click bate of the interviews on both videos above...don't skip, they are extremely good in spite of the stupid titles. Take the time and see them, they are long but worth seeing.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2023 12:24 am
Lex Fridman with Sam Altman full interview on CHAT GPT-4:
(not sure if I did post this here or somewhere else if I did please disregard and my apologies in advance)
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2023 01:09 am
For me the scary thing is not that Humanity is divided between a lot of dumb people and some smart ones, rather what scares me often when I dive in smart interviews with very clever people is that I can glimpse how dumb and naive a good deal of their thinking process is. I mean it is the duality that smart people can be incredibly dumb that is really scary, specially when you think of yourself as just a slightly above average cookie...if you're sort of dumb and still can spot it for real, the whole process goes to show just how on the verge of losing control over EVERYTHING we really are...
I have this sensation that our playing with tech and always making the same pitch sale talk about improving mankind future doesn't cut it any more if all we are doing is increase heat in the system, by increasing the speed at which information (and disinformation) is consumed digested and thrown out...we are playing with the 2 law of thermodynamics all the while believing our life will get better...it is patently an excuse that we tell to ourselves because we are compulsively curious...we are willing to "set the world on fire" and go out with a Darwin award just to be able to say we were able to create "Gods".

Vanity is the word that killed us. ****, I envy my cat simple life and low expectations!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2023 01:33 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2023 02:31 am
In case you want to see the full interview:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 04:46 am
Sam Harris chimes in with Lex Fridman on the panic train:
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 07:10 am
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
the nuance is that Moral Relativism ascertains that things are neither good or bad while I ascertain that all things that exist are NECESSARILY Good!

Reminds me of a sci-fi novel called 'Doctor Island'. In it, The entire island is actually an institution for the mentally ill and they are the only residents . An unseen force engineers events that cause interactions between the residents that will mutually heal each others mental illness.

The two main protagonists do not seem at all compatible at first, as she has a bottomless black depression and he has a growing anger for reasons he does not understand. In the end he kills her as an act of kindness, which solves both their problems.

It’s all Good on Doctor Island.

Come to think of it, that’s almost a mirror image of this reality. Not the everyone being insane part, that was pretty true to life.

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 10:20 pm
@Leadfoot,
When one is young one starts to ask mom N dad about the purpose of flies, and then we learn they have a place in the ecosystem, later on people don't go the extra mile to understand why there are diseases, volcanoes, sociopaths, but I think all those things have a niche on the challenging complex system we call Universe...the naive idea that we should and can correct Reality is absolutely pretentious and absolutely stupid...and still that is HUMAN NATURE by definition. A tragic comedy surround us and still I can't see it done any other way. Hopefully the true nature of Reality NECESSITATES whatever dumb thing we come up with...even if it is forever beyond our comprehension. I take solace with that thought process.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2023 06:36 am
@Albuquerque,
About half the time I think we totally agree. The other half I think we don’t.

I like that!