Leadfoot

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2023 09:14 am
@Albuquerque,
The programmer, of course.

It’s always the programmer.
Albuquerque

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2023 03:49 pm
@Leadfoot,
...nah when you think about the programmer of all programmers, not saying God but saying a potential demigod, that is, I am referring to the first programmer, clearly you can see that "he" is a program without any previous programmer. His properties are an a priori "program" that "he" did not chose...now make of that what you will!

...on a second related note that says a good deal on the fuss people make on awareness being something special...no free will but one is "aware"...oh boy language will evolve exponentially very soon.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2023 10:07 am
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
I am referring to the first programmer, clearly you can see that "he" is a program without any previous programmer. His properties are an a priori "program" that "he" did not chose...now make of that what you will!

That matches up closely with mainstream Christianity dogma, but not with anything I have said or believe.

No, I do not clearly see his properties are a priori. On this point I agree with Frank: I know nothing about his origin, life or development. Of those things I know nothing.

What is clear to me is that this is a created reality that a mind similar in logic to my own, exerted logic and creative effort (not accidental) to make it. The shear scale of it does say something about his ('his' used for convenience) power and capabilities.
Albuquerque

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2023 10:27 am
@Leadfoot,
I love Theology done right because it is a challenge and so hard. Good Theologians are extremely rare and I would advise you to research a bit on what they say as it is extremely interesting even for an atheist like me.

Point being no a Mind of all minds could not create its own attributes ad nihile, from nothingness.

"God" being perfect and final could not change anything about its nature if you follow the rational. So it follows that if there ever was a mind of all minds it would be natural brut fact without any free will to change its own nature. Either it is Being or Non Being. Being being timeless has nothing to change or swap as it is complete throughout all spacetime.

In this vain God is more akin to a "rock" then anything else.
I also don't know what the frack "creativity" means...is one of those obscure concepts that stomps straight into the concept of all potential Qualia, or all potential Geometry and Maths...in sum all phenomena. It IS and its done...we discover what there is in Being we don't invent anything out of non Being...In common parlance from Nothing no thing ever comes! So "creativity" is just a pragmatical shortcut useful concept for our phenomenal experience within spacetime as humans.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2023 10:43 am
@Albuquerque,
Again, Origin, IDK. But I see the works.
Albuquerque

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2023 11:07 am
@Leadfoot,
Man the best I can do for you is granting you a Bayesian statistical argument for the possibility of existence of beings far superior to our intellect such that to us they would be far greater then our very own conceptual boundary of what a "god" is to be means...it would be so "Alien" that we wouldn't probably see it in front of our own noses if it was there.

The existence of so called "demigods" is statistically likely on a first whim notice...
And while in good rigour we don't have actual data on aliens or alien AGI so far it is nonetheless true the Universe is big as hell.

Point being you don't need the "big man", "God", to get enthused or afraid...a far lesser creature would surpass our very own definitions on God such that it would toy with us to believe to be whatever it wants.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2023 08:54 pm
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
it would be so "Alien" that we wouldn't probably see it in front of our own noses if it was there.

Funny you should say that.
There are also a lot of undeniably real things going unseen at nose tip distance lately.
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2023 04:25 am
Resuming my daily dose of recommendations, this guy is really good I've been binging his videos since I found him last week, so I am posting a lot of his material. Every topic he touches is worth taking a look at, hope you enjoy him as much as I do! Again take a look:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2023 04:28 am
@Leadfoot,
That is always the case...I spend a good deal of my "me" time worrying about my own blind spots and what was it that escaped me or that I didn't saw fully...
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2023 10:10 am
@Albuquerque,
I do love that 'me' time..
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2023 10:49 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2023 02:49 pm
Sean Carol Physicist and Philosopher on the intersection of Philosophy and Physics:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2023 04:10 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2023 06:50 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2023 07:44 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2023 02:47 pm