My documentaries, the documentaries that I recommend

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2021 02:00 pm
On the absurd concept of Nothingness and those willing to try to save it!

Why there is this or that, is a in time perspective question that arises because we don't have access to all reality, or from or view, all potentials!
When you go out of linear time and step in spacetime all potentials are now actual, so that there is no why going on as everything that is possible it is actual.
As there is no outside of everything, there is no nothingness to wonder about.
The absence of something MUST FIRST entail something! You can have partial absences but never absolute absence! Absolute absence entails the absence of absence!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2021 02:43 pm

...oh poor Ray he still believes in Free Will as if Human Intelligence was in opposition to the natural world or fighting against entropy! Entropy is beaten every once in a while by probabilities in a cyclic model of Reality!
The Reality of Biological Intelligence is that its potential is out of Time not in God but in the Universe in Spacetime!
Biological entities are story telling self aware machines without Free Will framed in perspectivism, in a POV with total atomic, genetic and environmental constrains!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 01:01 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 05:45 pm
This one explains very well the Monty Hall problem, check it out!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 10:38 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 03:04 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2021 01:14 am
The state of America seen from the outside:
Albuquerque

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2021 12:21 pm
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2021 07:36 am
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
The state of America seen from the outside:

You should see what it looks like from inside..
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2021 07:46 am
@Albuquerque,
Re: Scariest thing response

Sounds like ID to me
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2021 08:59 am
@Leadfoot,
While it may be informative thanks but no thanks. I'm happy in old fashioned Europe!
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2021 02:34 pm
@Albuquerque,
You probably thought I was being derogatory.
Sometimes I am, but not then.

European countries are just too damn small. You have to file an international flight plan just to go up for an hour flight in anything faster than a hang glider.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2021 08:40 am
Important news:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2021 04:43 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2021 05:39 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2021 06:06 am
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2021 06:52 am
@Albuquerque,
Exactly!

Without 'Information', it all runs downhill into disorder.

Consider the fact that biological life is the only thing that reverses entropy, if only temporarily.
In view of that, Wouldn't you conclude that 'information' was a necessary ingredient in ‘biological life'?
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2021 03:59 pm
@Leadfoot,
The way I think about this without any empirical evidence, just elegant speculation goes with retro causality. It both explains away "emergence" and it explains away expansion of space within nothingness, as it explains away growth of entropy. I rather see the "origin" (Origin makes no sense from the GR pov) in the future with maximum entropy and retro causation to a statistical improbable but inevitable simple state of affairs. Why do I pick the future you might wonder if the model runs good both ways with time? Or even better if time is not fundamental and all there is is correlation of phenomena that simulates time passing? Well because I really dislike the idea of emergent phenomena showing up out of nowhere. I rather take the view that these potential phenomena that emerge from our pov already exist in the maximum potential of information arrangements. So it is not really the case that there is an actual origin in the future but rather to state that the number of phenomena at X point in time are explained better if you simulate retro causation as you run with entropy backwards.

One might call this united machining a God a la Spinoza style. It is the REASON of all reasons!...
(It does not need a mind but explains well why things within time wondering with minds exist)
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2021 04:49 pm
@Albuquerque,
The whole miss conception comes with the idea that a law mandates this or mandates that to happen. A law mandates nothing, it only describes regularities within time not outside it. And this says something about agents lacking free will to! We don't chose we happen! The idea of choice only makes sense when framed within time, never outside it, and never retrospectively.
Now if we can get focused on a model like GR that clearly explains that time itself is a phenomena an illusion of sorts, note that illusions are real illusions, that is to mean, phenomena are real even if misleading on how to interpret Reality, then we can get past a linear discourse, a biological narrative of exploration and discovery and invention, to a more humble approach on our role as simple spectators of our own unfolding in the world. A World that is whole and complete.

...oh yes and fractal to, we definitely have to do away with this Infinity business! Infinity without new information or Qualia is meaningless and useless. Another illusion!
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2021 05:07 pm
On a final note I want to state that Science is a tool to Philosophy and not the other way around. From good Science Philosophy can speculate miles ahead of any empirical observation. That is what being in the fringe of understanding means. If you want to do Science you want to be conservative...if you want to understand then Science is not enough by any means!

While this is provocative I grant, it is also well deserved as Science recently tried to do away with Philosophy, ironically, when it was knee deep entangled with it!
0 Replies