My documentaries, the documentaries that I recommend

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 11:36 pm

Let's make this simple shall we?
"God" is LAW and in law there is no freedom.
"God" does exactly what must be done within spacetime, the PERFECT ORDER of things that come about in becoming. But outside time and considering "God" as the Set of all sets, the greatest thing that can ever be, said "God" is, must be, the totality of all there ever was is and will be, all possible LOGICAL combinations of things that permeate COMPLETENESS. Such "God"" cannot be free, in fact it MUST NOT be free. "God" is NECESSARY and "God's volition" is necessarily right, whatever God wants God must want because what it wants is perfectly Logic and complete within each moment of Time. Of course you by now have realized I am speaking of Spinoza's or Einstein's "God", not a fairy in the sky.
The TOP argument to define a RATIONAL idea of God is to consider the first most important premise, "God" must be the greatest thing there can be and from there one must conclude "God" is the sum of all things that are were and will be possible. Now in such a frame of reference what space is there left for any kind of freedom?

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 12:14 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2020 05:03 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2020 06:55 am
Finally Penrose gets the recognition he deserves!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2020 11:57 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2020 04:19 am
A little bit more of Penrose while we have him among us.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2020 12:13 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2020 09:24 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2020 10:09 am
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2020 12:39 pm
@Albuquerque,
Ive been poing the option of pnspermia for a number of year since weve detected L -rotatory amino acids in galactic and star cluster spectra for at least 15 years. Sveral evolutionary big guns have poo poo'd it but are rethinking the possible mechanisms that may be involved.

It doesnt really answer any major questions because all it does is to defer the source point of lifes origins to "Somewhere else"

Carbon is unique in its bonding, It acts in many ways and has covalent sites greater than most of th elements in the periodic table. Its just the right element to host life and its quite ubiquitous in deep space.

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2020 03:42 pm
mark
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2020 12:27 pm
Clean and clear!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2020 01:35 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2020 09:56 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2020 10:26 pm
There is no THINKING without problem solving or without problems.
A world with problems, or better, a REALITY with problems, is, MUST BE, one which escapes the definition of the traditional Abrahamic God.
On this light God CANNOT be a person.

It is not the problem of Evil that concerns me most. I don't see a point in living in an all perfect world as cravings and necessity's are the substance of future satisfaction and relief or pleasure. A perfect world in the traditional sense is a blunt sterile world without VALUE.

My problem with God is not about believing there is a NECESSARY ORDER in the world, in fact, most of the attributes traditionally ascribed to God are just fine by me. The biggest think one can conceive off, the ground of all Being the omnipresence, the omni information "knowledge", the UNITY of everything. None of this bothers me.
The Kind of "God" I believe in is a much more abstract and complex entity. One without personality but that grounds the possibility of persons in the world. One without the need of thoughts but that grounds the phenomenology of thinking in its Set. A God that is a "Rock" because Past, Present and Future are not excluded from all its encompassing presence. In fact, my vision of a Logical God is far greater than the traditional smaller Anthropomorphised approach.

Finally yet again another word regarding professional biased Philosophy. It is bad and compromises the integrity of intellectual honesty. I have yet to see a professional Philosopher come around on a major idea he previously believed in. It is without a doubt career suicide and a straight shot in evolving intellectual inquiry.
Again only the TRUE "Amateur" is capable and willing to process data that is capable of break down with the past over time and create new avenues of intellectual progress.
A comparison with the structure of big economical companies and start ups come to mind. Usually the big companies create very little novelty and destroy start ups that may provide innovation and market disruption. So it happens with knowledge and with Religion.
This is not to say that formal institutions are bad or unnecessary but that one must be aware of their limitations.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 11:36 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2020 07:28 am
Albuquerque

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2020 12:28 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2020 12:50 pm
Bananas for dessert!