Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2019 06:50 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2019 04:11 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2019 04:46 am
Retarded but interesting:
(I wonder if he got to understand why it failed the first time around)
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2019 01:14 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2019 02:08 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 01:20 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 05:50 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 03:00 pm

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 01:13 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 12:10 am
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 03:10 pm
Into the Amazon, , is a 2-hour American Experience video about Theodore Roosevelt's harrowing exploration of the River of Doubt in the Amazon.

It's an amazing video of an exploratory trip by Roosevelt after his presidency along with his son Kermit and colonel Rondon. This exploration lasted more than 2 months and almost cost Roosevelt his life.
https://www.pbs.org/video/into-the-amazon-u5lrzc/
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 07:54 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 05:07 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 03:43 pm
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 06:03 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
My answer on youtube to Dr. Hoffman:
Quote:

Sooo, Dr. Hoffman, if I don't believe in anesthesia will I stay awake when I get surgery?
Dr. Hoffman does consciousness creates itself out of its own bootstraps, coming to existence before it exists? Does it observe itself coming into being itself to exist while not yet existing?
Dr. Hoffman lets forget the word "causation" it's indeed a tricky word, let's stick with perfect correlation, one for the Universal wave function, you say its consciousness, can it outgrow itself not just numerically, in size, but in qualia? Infinite diversified alien qualia without a breakdown of perceptual ability?
How can "it" be free from its own nature whatever it might be? You see Dr. Hoffman the way I see consciousness even if fundamental as you want it to be, I have no problem with the "interface" metaphor either, it still is not free, not relevant, not in charge...it just is! Dr. Hoffman an infinite consciousness has no needs, it doesn't require answers, nothing to troubleshoot, no needs, no wants, no nothing...according to you and your friend Nima Arkani Hamed it doesn't even have spacetime to frame experiencing, perception in a cohesive structure to inform itself...I don't care if spacetime is "inside" or "outside" according to you there is none...
...Dr. Hoffman, I take the blue pill thank you for your time, you were very entertaining!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2019 12:58 am
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2019 01:41 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Something about that is really funny. I can’t think of the punch line though.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2019 08:01 pm
@Leadfoot,
...oh that Chinese guy...no comments...playing hardball because Ellon has a factory in Shanghai... every time he opened his mouth I facepalmed hard!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 01:04 am

My replies on youtube, they are in an inverted order so start from the end up!

Quote:
Filipe Albuquerque
Filipe Albuquerque
1 second ago
Finally, whether we have Quarks, Electrons, Energy, and rate of change/information or self informing Qualia without free will, is a game of words...we don't see electrons either, not even microbes, so this talk is old news with a new set of clothes...languaging...again, finally, I wonder how does it feel to be stupid?
Filipe Albuquerque
Filipe Albuquerque
26 seconds ago (edited)
Tricky tricky very dangerous waters when we refer to the Set of ALL reality because nothing is excluded...this guy is trying to exclude some sets of it. Maths is no less Real than experiencing vanilla and vice versa...
Filipe Albuquerque
Filipe Albuquerque
9 minutes ago (edited)
Moreover, if minds don't have free will, and I believe they don't, the idea of agency is totally turned on its wheels. Awareness is just, again, one other phenomenon on the Set of sets in reality. Agents not causing nothing are just experiencing zombies.
Filipe Albuquerque
Filipe Albuquerque
1 second ago
There is at least a 1-dimensional string of information that sets the order of events or qualia if you prefer. The progression/order of that string could be what we perceive as space, of course, it has no background but it has an order. The other dimensions of space at least in principle could be described/computed in that string. That said, the phenomena of experiencing space and time is still a BRUT FACT of the Set of sets we call Reality. The idea that a second or third-order phenomenon is not real is idiotic. For that purpose suffices to say that a hallucination is a true hallucination. Same goes with Physicalism, etc...
Filipe Albuquerque
Filipe Albuquerque
1 second ago
The taste of vanilla is a brut fact of the Set we call Reality. Being a second or third-order subset of first-order ultimate reality is irrelevant.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 03:09 pm
0 Replies