My documentaries, the documentaries that I recommend

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2023 06:30 am
...and this is the correct Parmenedian view of Time set on Ancient Greece two and half or so millennia before Einstein!
In a sound byte the argument is quite simple, that which is, IS, and that which is not, is NOT! That is to mean, absence of absence refers to NO-THING! Thus it is logical Time as we perceive it is a phenomenal illusion!
Is it not Real then? Careful...as illusions are TRUE illusions...and thus, as such in lato sensu, a NECESSARY part of the REAL!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2023 11:52 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2023 11:58 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2023 06:16 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2023 10:30 pm
Into the wilderness on lake Superior:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2023 04:54 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2023 02:44 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2023 09:33 am

I am half way into this video and so far I have yet to see anything that resembles the tittle...one thing is to debate the well known Dawkins stupidity and inability to understand Metaphysics in a deep sense and the Epistemic problem at large and quite another to make a point specifically on how do you get to an Anthropomorphized God, and more still into Christianism in particular!

So far we got zilch, not a case in point on the Free Will debate, not a word on how mind cannot create itself or define its own properties to be distinguishable from a robot that just IS...nothing!

I was hoping before hand to hear a case into what Minds are and from there to hear some sort of point into what a concept of a Universal mind of all minds, a unifying point would be..none of that was found so far. What we have here is just a boring conversation on how ignorant a great deal of scientists are which on itself is not news to anyone slightly familiar with the root problems on Ontology and Epistemic search for a ground of all Being in Philosophy!

Again is well known many scientists don't have the slightest intuition on those subjects nor the willingness to get some basic training on them, but that alone does not make a case for God any better then saying scientists are stupid people more often then we given credit for...

That all being said lets wait for the second half and hopefully we will have some sort of meaningful debate on the big topic at hand...why the Christian God and how do you go from Dawkins to it!
Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2023 10:56 pm
Philosophy of Mathematics and AI:

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2023 12:05 pm
On the frontier of Physics and at the door of Natural Philosophy with Sean Carol on Neil Star talk:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2023 11:58 pm

I am about to "observe" some wings growing out in my back! Oh dear...

Indeterminism does not offer any free will solution. Rolling a dice does not make you a decision maker. I rather have the political nonsense compatiblist approach to Determinism which is just a way to cope in the status quo with our current situation then having this nonsense that quantum indeterminism grants you any free will, which is patently false just using basic logic! Point being if you take a decision and you cause it to be then Determinism is true, the flip side is that "you" have causes that precede you and thus you are bound to them without any free will.

We can complicate the debate on the arrow of time just by assuming that Time is an illusion on the vein of Parmenides approach, later Einstein...on that regard all times co-existing at the same time still don't grant you any free will...

As for complexity another topic of major importance to sort out the magic of "emergence" which is yet another abhorring concept, is that we need to look at retro-causation and take it more seriously regarding the phenomenology of the illusion of Time bringing things about. Maximum complexity does not create things ad nihil. So with maximum complexity you scrap emergence for good.

Note please that retro causation is also a phenomenal illusion, but it is useful to explain away emergence! There are no "NEW" phenomena in BEING! There is nothing new in what is to become. That would be magic no different from Religious conjuring!

As for complexity another topic of major importance to sort out the magic of "emergence" which is yet another abhorring concept, is that we need to look at retro-causation and take it more seriously regarding the phenomenology of the illusion of Time bringing things about. Maximum complexity does not create things ad nihil. So with maximum complexity you scrap emergence for good.

Note please that retro causation is also a phenomenal illusion, but it is useful to explain away emergence! There are no "NEW" phenomena in BEING! There is nothing new in what is to become. That would be magic no different from Religious conjuring!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2023 04:55 am
@Albuquerque,
My reply on YouTube to some comment on the video about the failure of New Atheism as failed:

Straight to the point by all modern standards I would be considered an Atheist. I don't believe for a minute on the Old testament God because it doesn't make any sense Philosophically. Its full of self contradicting concepts, but alas that would take a week to debate properly. That set aside I have nothing against organized Religion and I still think it serves a social purpose otherwise it would be extinct. So in that vein I disagree with the new atheist movement which has confused the entropy injected in Society by technology for which we have not evolved nor can manage with Religion being the root cause of modern extremism which is not.
As for my concept of "God", it has nothing to do with "minds" or will, or thinking, or creation...Being, the ground of all things, is Timeless, loop fractal and complete! To understand this it is fundamental to meditate on a conceptual equivocation regarding the idea of Nothingness...the word works fairly well in our phenomenal experience and daily life applied to mundane situations like for instance saying the freezer is empty...in truth no thing is completely empty, energy and matter just transform and transit...what was here now is there and in here something took its place, just like in a flowing river there is never absence of water. Anyway again to the point the concept of Nothingness when taken into an absolute is self refuting, it canibalizes itself out of existence as a concept, as there is Nothing to Nothingness. Which is to say Nothingness is not possible! From Nothingness nothing comes and thus we have to take seriously the idea that there is a ground of all Being which is Timeless. I happen to think of it as a Cosmic Rubik's cube...all possible permutations in BEING will happen and will circularly repeat after a full cycle is complete. The ORDER of Things just IS...there is no one , not anything at the wheel...the very concept of Time is illusory...still funny enough, this thing we call Being, some others call God, that we can subsume in a bigger set called Reality, resembles many of the classical attributes some Theologians attribute to God, in this all encompassing Reality, and by the way that includes dreams, virtual worlds and other phenomena and epiphenomena... as Reality is a catch all grab all concept, many people miss that, when saying something is not real, they mean it belongs in a different domain, not that it doesn't exist, dreams if dreamed clearly exist, they are real...anyway there are many things wrong needed to change the primitive concept of God to some serious Metaphysical frame of work. Ending the concept of Nothingness is the first. Ending the concept of Infinity by distinguishing between quantitative boundless counting, which you can do in a circular Reality, and distinctly qualitative counting is yet another necessary step, as qualitative phenomena cannot be an infinite set as irrationality would be the result of a truly infinite qualitative Reality, as any phenomena, thing, qualia, would be infinitely distant from any other point set of any other qualia just like irrational numbers and it would end all communication between things...imagine for instance an infinite set of photons which all were distinct from each other qualitatively...No one would see anyone else or anything at all...Qualitative Infinity does not exist and thus a circular finite phenomenology is the ground of all being...Timeless because as archetypes its existence was never in question...its essence never dies...still a mind is not needed. In Being there is not problem solving as it as a whole is complete. Minds are first and foremost bound to incompleteness, they are problem solving calculators, or better put, predictors, and by the way on that regard without free will whatsoever. A mind of all minds it is statistically possible but still contingent. True Ultimate Reality has no time and thus needs not think or problem solve! The biggest mind in Reality, if there is one, is upward bound to the same incompleteness we are down here at Homo Sapiens level...as a troubleshooter it to is contingent and troubled with problem solving...Anyway excuse my poor English and the fast paced bad writing as I go along in my thinking process...there is much to digest here feel free to ditch it all if it doesn't meet your personal standards...just one last word regarding Moral Realism...suffering is necessary as much as pleasure...both are the measure of Value and neither alone can produce it. Morality nonetheless works as Game Theory suggests...win win situations go ahead or otherwise we compete on all domains. We help each other not because we are "good" but because it is good, when it is to help each other...we protect the old the children and the sick because as a society we would not work optimally otherwise. In that sense yes "God" is ALL Good...there is nothing wrong in Reality...it is we as contingent beings that tend to take things as being wrong and needing correction because we don't understand the macrosystem nor the superorganism on which they fit. The "drama" of Life is just entertainment!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2023 01:08 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2023 03:26 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2023 10:12 am
Is Eric far out or far in? I rather let you be the judge of that...
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2023 05:24 am
The illusion of Time:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2023 06:12 am
Quote:
The original quote is "The first casualty when war comes is truth". Hiram W Johnson, staunchly isolationist senator for California, to the US Senate in 1917 (the year of his election to the Senate, where he remained until his death in 1945).

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2023 08:02 am
The forging of the Portuguese Empire documentary:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2023 03:21 am
The "Chihuahua effect":
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2023 05:19 am
A more detailed look into Portugal History in English: