And then they voted

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 08:42 am
I got this from a fellow a2ker in my mail today...

This might explain the horrible "red blotches" all over America.

While looking at a house, my brother asked the real estate agent which direction was north
because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up  every morning.  She asked,
"Does the sun rise in the North?" When another person jumped in and explained that the
sun rises in the East (and has for some time), she shook her head and said, "Oh, I don't keep up with that stuff."

And then she voted.
=====

I used to work in technical support for a 24x7 call center. One day I got a call from
an InDUHvidual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number
you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or
Pacific time?" Wanting to end the callquickly, I said, "Pacific."

And then he voted.
====

So my colleague and I were eating our lunch in our cafeteria when we overheard one
of the administrative assistants talking about the sunburn she got on her weekend
drive to the shore. She drove down in a convertible, but 'didn't think she'd get
sunburned because the car was moving."

And then she voted.
======
From a close friend:

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car. It's designed to cut through a seatbelt
if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk.

And then she voted.
======

My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%.
Since it was a big party, we bought two cases.  The cashier multiplied two times 10%
and gave us a 20% discount.

And then they all voted.
======

I was hanging out with a real liberal friend of mine when we saw a woman
walk by us with a nose ring attached to an earring by a chain.  My friend
said, "Wouldn't the chain rip out every time she turned her head?"  I had to
explain to her that a person's nose and ear remain the same distance apart no
matter which way the head is turned.

And then she voted.
=====

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area.  So I went to the
lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up.
She Smiled and told me not to worry because they were trained professionals
and I was in good hands.  "Now," she asked me, "has your plane arrived yet?"

And then she voted.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 945 • Replies: 17
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 08:57 am
BD
BD, so funny, so sad.

BBB Sad Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:17 am
Some of them voted for Kerry, even more of them voted for Bush.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:32 am
Dys
Dys, I heard some of them even voted for Al Gore last week because they were too busy to vote in 2000.

Several decades ago, Herb Caen published the day after the election my story about my next door neighbor that I had sent him months earlier:

My next door neighbor is the mother of six children. On election day, I called her to learn if she wanted a ride to the polls to vote. Her response: "I've got so much to do today, I think I will wait and vote tomorrow."

BBB
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:33 am
Re: Dys
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Dys, I heard some of them even voted for Al Gore last week because they were too busy to vote in 2000.

BBB

Now, that's funny!

Did you know that the Social Security office in Albuquerque receives stacks of W-2 filings every February? The data processing center was moved to Wilkes-Barre over a decade ago, and there is a penalty for eack late form filed.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:59 am
Re: And then they voted
bigdice67 wrote:
I got this from a fellow a2ker in my mail today...

This might explain the horrible "red blotches" all over America.

While looking at a house, my brother asked the real estate agent which direction was north
because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up  every morning.  She asked,
"Does the sun rise in the North?" When another person jumped in and explained that the
sun rises in the East (and has for some time), she shook her head and said, "Oh, I don't keep up with that stuff."

And then she voted.
=====

I used to work in technical support for a 24x7 call center. One day I got a call from
an InDUHvidual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number
you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or
Pacific time?" Wanting to end the callquickly, I said, "Pacific."

And then he voted.
====

So my colleague and I were eating our lunch in our cafeteria when we overheard one
of the administrative assistants talking about the sunburn she got on her weekend
drive to the shore. She drove down in a convertible, but 'didn't think she'd get
sunburned because the car was moving."

And then she voted.
======
From a close friend:

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car. It's designed to cut through a seatbelt
if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk.

And then she voted.
======

My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%.
Since it was a big party, we bought two cases.  The cashier multiplied two times 10%
and gave us a 20% discount.

And then they all voted.
======

I was hanging out with a real liberal friend of mine when we saw a woman
walk by us with a nose ring attached to an earring by a chain.  My friend
said, "Wouldn't the chain rip out every time she turned her head?"  I had to
explain to her that a person's nose and ear remain the same distance apart no
matter which way the head is turned.

And then she voted.
=====

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area.  So I went to the
lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up.
She Smiled and told me not to worry because they were trained professionals
and I was in good hands.  "Now," she asked me, "has your plane arrived yet?"

And then she voted.

And every time that you post or voice stuff like this, you ensure that people from the 'fly over' red states will not ever vote for one of your candidates.

If you decided to create the greatest politician in the world, give him the brains of Einstein, the compassion of Mother Theresa, the strength of character of Fredrick Douglas, the honesty of George Washington and the charisma of Jack Kennedy. You take this paragon of humanity, place him, on the Democratic ticket and then say:

"Alright you ignorant backwoods redneck, this is the guy who you should vote for because we know who is best for you."

Nine times out of ten, if you address a group of people (Consisting of half the population) with utter contempt like this, they wouldn't vote for this individual even if he was running against Joe Stalin.

Treating someone who disagrees with you with contempt, distain and like they are some sort of mental defective is NOT the way to convince them that your ideas have merit.

Every time you look down your noses at the people of the heartland, they just shake their heads and pull the lever for the guy they feel will NOT look down on them.

When people work hard all day, drinks a few beers after work, watches NASCAR, goes fishing with his buddys on Saturdays and goes to church on Sundays doesn't make them ignorant rubes, it makes them Americans just like you...

Just because he doesn't sit around Starbucks drinking a 7 dollar cup of 'coffee' and plan how the world could be 'perfect' if the democrats were in charge, doesn't give your opinion any more validity than that man sitting on that barstool in Enid, Oklahoma. It doesn't mean you are smarter than that man fishing in his boat in Mississippi and it doesn't give you any moral ascendency over that man praying in church in Mobile, Alabama.

Why not try thinking of these people as friends and looking at their wants and fears and try to find common ground instead of denigrating them at every opportunity.

Just my 2 cents... pre tax.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:06 am
Re: And then they voted
Fedral wrote:

And every time that you post or voice stuff like this, you ensure that people from the 'fly over' red states will not ever vote for one of your candidates.

So if he never posted stuff like this country folk would vote for German politicians? How does that work?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:10 am
<teehee>
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:14 am
Hey Fedral! You going on vacation? It seems so, since you've packed up your sense of humour! Just kidding, pal!

I'm sorry; fedral, if I insulted you! You seem to be a pretty intelligent guy, though a bit on the dry side.

Craven, I think my "location" made our buddy thinking I's a murrican!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:29 am
They voted for him because he was one of them. I wonder how many of "them" were born with a silver spoon in their mouth and went to Yale.
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me!
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:33 am
Sorry, man, I'm not starting the silver spoon discussion, since we both know who had the bigger silver spoon from day one.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:41 am
John FORBES Kerry HEINZ

By far, the richest.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:43 am
Lash
But how does that make Bush one of them?
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 01:20 pm
bigdice67 wrote:
Hey Fedral! You going on vacation? It seems so, since you've packed up your sense of humour! Just kidding, pal!

I'm sorry; fedral, if I insulted you! You seem to be a pretty intelligent guy, though a bit on the dry side.

Craven, I think my "location" made our buddy thinking I's a murrican!

Sorry for the 'kneejerk' reaction bigdice, things have been a bit stressed out since I lost my job last Friday.

Whenever my life enters chaos like this, the first thing to go is my ability to deal with humor.

Hope we are cool...

From Orlando,
Fedral
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 04:02 pm
Sorry to hear that Fedral. Hope things turn up for ya.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 04:16 pm
Yeah, good luck, fedral.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 05:59 pm
Sorry about that, Fedral.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 04:57 am
Sorry to hear about that fedral! Really am. We're cool, yeah, we're cool.

Hope you'll find a job real soon!
0 Replies