THE CHOICE OF THE PEOPLE

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:56 am
President Bush listened to what the electorate said and has vowed to pursue their agenda.

-Staying the course in the worldwide war on terror

-Making the tax cuts of his first term permanent and then tax code reform to simplify it

-Social Security reform

-Medicare reform

-Respecting the value judgment of the citizens re: the importance of morals

Will the Dems also heed the will of the majority of the electorate or ignore the will of the voters and continue to attempt to obstruct their agenda?

All opinions are welcome on this thread.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 743 • Replies: 9
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 07:07 am
he said he was gonna get on this stuff.
Will the president realize that the country is pretty much evenly divided. Thhe only plurality he got was from the
conservative Catholics (who totally ignored the"just war" issue) and the "safety at all cost cowards".
Im just amazed at how gullible this country really is. Well, I hope Bush is able to clean up his own mess .

I see the GOP is already grouping to keep Arlan Specter from ascending the chairmanship of the Judiciary committee , just because he doesnt mindlessly chant the shibboleths of the Conservatives.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 07:09 am
farmerman wrote:
he said he was gonna get on this stuff.
Will the president realize that the country is pretty much evenly divided. Thhe only plurality he got was from the
conservative Catholics (who totally ignored the"just war" issue) and the "safety at all cost cowards".
Im just amazed at how gullible this country really is. Well, I hope Bush is able to clean up his own mess .

I see the GOP is already grouping to keep Arlan Specter from ascending the chairmanship of the Judiciary committee , just because he doesnt mindlessly chant the shibboleths of the Conservatives.

IMO, Arlen stepped in it. With a 55-45 Senate, it probably cost him the chairmanship of the Judiciary Committee.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 07:40 am
No, Orrin Hatch is being relieved and Arlan is now ranking GOP. His "warning" to Bush really was a misquote by the press, so his position was rapidly accurately stated. If he doesnt get the chairman ship, hes going to probably be a real thorn in the side of Bush's agendas.
Pennsylvania used to be the nesting ground of moderate GOPs. Its kind of interesting how the rise of Conservatism has caused the GOP in this state to "revise" what its really standing for and people are getting angry in the major suburban counties. The rural counties have, and always will be conservative land. These are also the areas whhere the teaching of certain areas of science are held under religious scrutiny.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 07:45 am
Re Arlen-- It feels like we caught him on the other team's side during half time. The fact that he referred to Bush's appointments as "extreme", or something to that effect has gotten him pitched from the inner circle.

They weren't extreme inthe least. If he believes that, he's thinking quite differently than mainstream Republicans.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 08:16 am
If indeed, bush was the clear choice of the people, then that is more frightening and disheartening than the 2000 election being stolen IMO.

You invite someone into your home, they ransack it and **** on your carpet, and then you invite them back. Personally I think more of my property than that.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:26 am
I like the cooption of 'mainstream'. This is code for Us v Them. its a sneaking semi racist, non egalitee vision that I dont think i would like for this country.
The next step will be
"Ve must round up ant kveschion these non mainshtreamers, yaaah"

Remember lash, you cannot (presently) interfere with our rights to dissent, assemble, and generally keep an alert eye on the gang in the white house.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:54 am
I say Arlen is in the hot seat because of his views.

From this :

You then accuse me of a form of racism because I said...'mainstream' ...and then stereotype and insult Germany in an attempt to throw some blanket insult over me... So, Republicans can't say 'mainstream'? Germany is fair game til the end of time for stereotyping ...of course, just by the left... I think I'll pass on your censorship.

I never came close to inferring you shouldn't or couldn't dissent or do any of those other things that didn't work for you last time.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:28 am
farmerman wrote:
I like the cooption of 'mainstream'. This is code for Us v Them. its a sneaking semi racist, non egalitee vision that I dont think i would like for this country.
The next step will be
"Ve must round up ant kveschion these non mainshtreamers, yaaah"

Remember lash, you cannot (presently) interfere with our rights to dissent, assemble, and generally keep an alert eye on the gang in the white house.

Thank you for that, farmerman. I've struggled to put it into words myself but haven't been able to.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:31 am
lash, I detect that we are unfamiliar with the concept of sarcasm.actually, my accent attempt was Austrian.
Ill tell ya what. ill report myself to the board, and if they say that Im not allowed to show such concern by identifying code phrases, ill buy you dinner.

Im a sweet guy whovoted my conscience and didnt take issue with the "mainstream" term , until it started to be linked withh the severe questioning of my sides patriotism and were therefore assigned a "lesser" rung on the values ladder on which true Americans climb.

Ann COulter , one of thespokespeople of the GOP conservatives has been most vocal about how we of liberal leanings are "traitors" Limbag comes close in his interminable diatribes about liberal values. Most of his just dont make any sense but Coulters are truly meanspirited

if those titles continue , and /or thhe country doesnt settle down to a business as usual for us all to work together, then I suppose the comaprisons will continue from many of us.
0 Replies