Can soda bottle and can collecting be a real job

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 12:39 pm
I havent had any luck finding a real job so collecting cans is my only source of income. I have made $30-40 a day and been doing this for close to two years.

jespah

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 12:43 pm
@singlesucks13,
I'm guessing you don't get a lot of paid vacations or medical benefits.
singlesucks13

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 12:56 pm
@jespah,
But its the only way I been able to earn money. I had a job interview 3 weeks ago but it was only 5 minutes long and the lady hasent contacted me since. $30-40 a day isnt bad for someone collecting cans
seac

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 01:00 pm
@singlesucks13,
One of my folks is doing recycling as his main job. Doing very well too. Contracts with restaurant, condos, and hotels. He charges a fee for the pickup, and also is able to cash in the bottles and cans.
singlesucks13

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 01:05 pm
@seac,
How much does he make?
seac

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 01:12 pm
@singlesucks13,
Grosses $200K, but he will not tell me his net.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 01:44 pm
@singlesucks13,
I realize it's "not bad" but it's not great, either.

There are probably unemployment services near where you live. You can try them. You can try knocking on the doors of companies, too. Try seasonal work as well - summertime means summer camps, winter means Christmas retail, and early in the year means tax preparation - those are possibilities if you can qualify for any of them. I'm not saying any of these are necessarily wonderful, but it would be better money and you would have a fighting chance of getting some health insurance.
singlesucks13

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 08:58 pm
@jespah,
I applied to almost everywhere the last two years and that interview a couple weeks ago was my only one so far. If it wasnt for collecting Ill be so broke it wouldnt be funny. I have health insurance through my family btw.
singlesucks13

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 08:59 pm
@singlesucks13,
$40 times 7 days is $280 a week and I only spend half of it. Im capable of saving.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 09:09 pm
@singlesucks13,
Saving is, as you know, a good idea.

Have you considered moving? I know moving may not be easy.
singlesucks13

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 09:47 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I kinda still live my parents and rent for a house is very expensive
singlesucks13

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 09:48 pm
@ossobucotemp,
And even rent for a one bedroom apt is expensive
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 10:28 pm
@singlesucks13,
how about friends?

I don't know where you live in the world. Stuff like this differs, but in the US, people often rent a place as a group.
singlesucks13

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 10:38 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I live in US. I rarely have friends they have one bedrooms apts.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 01:25 am
You sound like a person who wants to work. You do your best to earn money and to find a job.
Are you shy and have difficulties in "selling yourself"? I do not mean it in a negative way, but it is not easy to bring over the positiv sides in you.
Do you walk straight, look the person talking to you in the eyes? Do not look into the eyes but on the eyebrows. Shoulders back in a relxed way, haircut and being shaved in a modern style and still not latest. Do you have someone who could help you to choose the correct way to be dressed for that specific job you are looking for.

Yesterday in a store where a young woman was helping me with something.
She was really very broad in all directions. She was nicely dressed, fitting her size. Her hair was well taken care of and she had such a nice face and a smile which was like sunshine. Her obviousely nice and kind personality was shini
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 08:43 pm
@singlesucks13,
singlesucks13 wrote:

I havent had any luck finding a real job so collecting cans is my only source of income. I have made $30-40 a day and been doing this for close to two years.

If it's degrading, it can be a job. Unless you consider begging for change a job.
0 Replies