Your aftermath opinion about 2004 presidential elections....

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:34 pm
How do you believe the USA may bring itself together and heal its divisions after the contentious 2004 presidential ad national elections??? why?....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 732 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Magus

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 12:23 am
"How"?
A lot more fiber in the National Diet.

"Why"?
Think about it.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 01:10 am
Re: Your aftermath opinion about 2004 presidential elections
Natasshha wrote:
How do you believe the USA may bring itself together and heal its divisions after the contentious 2004 presidential ad national elections??? why?....

1. By killing foreigners, especially Arabs.
2. Notoriously short attention span of any generation bought up on TV.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 06:12 am
My opinion in the aftermath?

Thank God it is over. It seems this was the longest and most tedious campaign I ever witnessed in my 70 years on this planet.

And....I am glad we have an administration who will stay the course set in the first term.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 06:22 am
It ain't gonna happen.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 06:25 am
ebrown_p wrote:
It ain't gonna happen.

What ain't gonna happen?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 07:18 am
The United States is not going to bring itself together and heal its divisions as long as Bush continues his arrogant policies that many of us see as disasterous to the country we love.

Bush is already talking about "staying the course" and saying "I earned political capital and I am going to spend it".

I guess I should moderate my position a bit and say "It aint gonna happen unless Bush truly reaches out to find common ground with the progressive part of America." But, for this Bush would have to display reason and compromise.

Based on Bush's history and his present statements, this is bloody unlikely. His idea of compromise is "I will tell you again what you should think."

But the values, integrity and future of my country are more important that a superficial veneer of patriotic unity.

If you are asking me to abandon the very things that make America great, it ain't gonna happen.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 07:27 am
"If you are asking me to abandon the very things that make America great, it ain't gonna happen."

Wouldn't think of it. But you might examine the real reasons why your view of those things, as expressed by Mondale, Dukakis, Gore and Kerry, was rejected by the electorate.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:03 am
Quote:

Wouldn't think of it. But you might examine the real reasons why your view of those things, as expressed by Mondale, Dukakis, Gore and Kerry, was rejected by the electorate.

Factually, I was talking about my view of those things as expressed by Jefferson, Thoreau, Martin Luther King and Roosevelt.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:05 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Quote:

Factually, I was talking about my view of those things as expressed by Jefferson, Thoreau, Martin Luther King and Roosevelt.

Those views would be good for the Dems to espouse.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:49 am
ebrown, can i borrow that avatar?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:49 am
Larry434 wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Quote:

\

They would be even nicer for the Reps to espouse.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:51 am

They would be even nicer for the Reps to espouse.

Agreed.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 10:06 am
Wow! Looks like we have reached unity!.

At least here.
0 Replies

Idaho

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:47 pm
I believe President Bush did reach out during his first term, and it only resulted in backstabbing from the Dem leadership. How about the liberal left reaching out to the rest of us with some reasoned arguments and open debate rather than running to liberal judges to try to force your agenda down our throats? Or would you prefer not to allow 'we the people' to decide on matters?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 04:00 pm
Come on Idaho,

We were doing so well here...
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 04:15 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Quote:

FDR or Teddy?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 04:20 pm
I was specifically thinking about FDR, but Teddy was OK too...
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 04:25 pm
Teddy was pretty racist IMO. FDR was ok but he died too soon....
0 Replies