I Have Decided......

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:25 am
I have thought about this long and hard and I feel the best interests of the citizens of this land mass called the United States Of America would be served by making it into at least two separate countries in a peaceful and equitable way using a process that equally splits the valuable resources of the land itself, establishes fair trade within it's borders and adopts a live and let live policy lifestyle wise.......I do not believe the country will ever be united philisophically again by peaceful or reasonable means....

I hope that everyone shares my desire for there to never be a war within our borders or martial law declared......

thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,453 • Replies: 20
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:27 am
That sounds nice, but I'd still like to kill somebody. Can't I? Pleeease!?
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:31 am
I hope that everyone shares my desire for there to never be a war within our borders or martial law declared......

I do.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:33 am
Re: I Have Decided......
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I have thought about this long and hard and I feel the best interests of the citizens of this land mass called the United States Of America would be served by making it into at least two separate countries in a peaceful and equitable way using a process that equally splits the valuable resources of the land itself, establishes fair trade within it's borders and adopts a live and let live policy lifestyle wise.......I do not believe the country will ever be united philisophically again by peaceful or reasonable means....

thoughts?

Sure. Let's divide it up this way ....
http://www.postmodernclog.com/archives/new_map.jpg
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:38 am
What do your foresee as the dividing line and how would it be established...north and south, east and west?

Give kicky a gun so he can do his part.

We would want to include all the great lakes of Michigan...they are great water resources.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:48 am
colorbook wrote:
What do your foresee as the dividing line and how would it be established...north and south, east and west?

Give kicky a gun so he can do his part.

We actually have a fairly decent distribution of certain land assets now......the Northern East Coast is blue while the Southern east coast is red and the west coast is blue......that gives a pretty level playing field for port access.......the big trick would be equitable distribution of farmland......nevada could be a "buffer zone" since that's a state that make it's money on gambling and prostitution mainly anyway...that's pretty bi-partisan....the other big trick would be the honest dealing with all the secret desert miltary and dirty tricks installations in the country....an equitable split of research centers and scientists...I wouldn't want for instance, for the red states to be in complete control of the super virus' and WMD's that we don't possess :wink: I'm not saying it would be easy...I'm just saying it's worth considering as an academic exercise anyhow.....

PS Dear Big Brother....I'm not organizing or anything...I'm not smart enough.....please no black helicopters around the house...our beagle is pregnant and you'll make her nervous....
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:52 am
Too late, BPB. I've done contacted my cousin Vinny at the FBI's black ops operation center about you. I'll try to call him off. In the meantime, you may want to lightly sedate your beagle, just in case. Smile
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:54 am
thanks for the wa.......
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:59 am
That map's about right.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:12 am
We will need some kind of government. How about a "government by the people for the people?" :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:16 am
colorbook wrote:
We will need some kind of government. How about a "government by the people for the people?" :wink:

that's a pretty radical idea that will require some careful planning and the installation of checks and balances that are not for sale.....tall order but worth consideration.....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:21 am
I actually want California to be a separate country from
now on. Arnie will be our King and protect us from
wild neighboring states and California being on 7th place
in the world economy, I don't think we'll starve either.

Yeah, high tech and advanced California should not
have to suffer for the iliterates in Arkansas and Alabama
who have one voting ballet and 500,000 copies thereof.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:29 am
CalamityJane wrote:
I actually want California to be a separate country from
now on. Arnie will be our King and protect us from
wild neighboring states and California being on 7th place
in the world economy, I don't think we'll starve either.

Yeah, high tech and advanced California should not
have to suffer for the iliterates in Arkansas and Alabama
who have one voting ballet and 500,000 copies thereof.

what about that falling into the ocean thing though? Perhaps you should annex Arizona...after all, Alice Cooper and Rob Halford live there.....
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:30 am
Here's a county-by-county breakdown of those counties with 100% precincts reporting. Bottom map is 2000 election.

http://images.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/elections2004/_images/2004countymap3.gif
http://images.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/elections2004/_images/2000countymap.gif

Not much changed between elections. How would you divide based on this data?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 11:30 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
what about that falling into the ocean thing though? Perhaps you should annex Arizona...after all, Alice Cooper and Rob Halford live there.....

No way! We have enough enhanced Silicon Implants to keep us afloat for centuries to come BPB Wink
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 11:34 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Here's a county-by-county breakdown of those counties with 100% precincts reporting. Bottom map is 2000 election.
Not much changed between elections. How would you divide based on this data?

First off I'd nuke Detroit so I can move back to Michigan in peace.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 11:36 am
The only time I've ever regretted leaving Chicago, Illinois eleven years ago was Wednesday morning.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 11:45 am
Chicago is the most screwed up place in the midwest, moreso than Detroit because it is a vital city. But Richard "Mobster" Daley rules the roost, has disarmed his citizens and walks over them with impunity. I love Chi-town, but I'd never live there. Meigs is dead. Long live Meigs!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:15 pm
So let's give Illinois to Canada Wink
Michigan too, since Detroit is never going to vanish.
Aretha Franklin makes sure of that.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 03:02 pm
I thought Aretha had moved and is now the 10th planet?
0 Replies