Christmas gifts

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:30 am
This isn't it but somewhat similar idea, on sale, 3 years + and up to 80 pounds:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006IGX70/102-0536956-0029762?v=glance
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:31 am
Glad you stopped in. Saves me the searching.

We have a small one with no bar that was actually an exercise trampoline for grown-ups. The kids set up obstacle courses with it, the couch pillows, and dining room chairs. It helps us through the winter and on rainy days.

Ducklet's teacher tells me that she (ducklet) adores books on tape so I'm thinking I might try to find some for them both to share. It might even help duckie learn to read if they come with the actual book so they can read along. We have an old cheapy boom-box that will serve the purpose.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:33 am
This is much closer to what we have; the manufacturer's recommendation is 3 years and up, "our" (not sure if Amazon or Toys R Us) recommendation is 18 months to 5 years. Weight limit is 77 pounds:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007VZVGK/qid=1133368288/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/102-0536956-0029762?v=glance&s=imaginarium
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:35 am
That does look like fun. I have a feeling that the handle would encourage my little ducklet to go ass over teacups, but it does look like fun.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:41 am
Heh...! It's remarkably stable -- ours is constructed almost exactly the same way, and the trick is to assemble it with that splay-footed stance -- the legs at an angle, rather than straight up-and-down.

Sozlet's little butt gets very, very high, (If the kid in the picture were about a foot more vertical, that's typical for her) but no spills or anything but landing on it and going back up.

So far. Knock on wood.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:46 am
Oh I imagine the trampoline would hold up fine. She would probably flip over the bar on purpose, I think. She's my little dare-devil. Of course, anticipation of danger never stopped me from buying her anything before...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:52 am
Ah, on purpose!

Sozlet flips over the bar gymnastics-style (it holds up to this, too), but not an all-out flip. Yet. (Nibbling fingernails...)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:55 am
Thanks soz!

Mo already weights 50 pounds so if it only supports kids up to 60 pounds...

That jumpolene thing looks kind of cool though.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:59 am
Did it say 60? I saw 77. Here:

Quote:
Features:

Fun way for kids to exercise and keep fit
Trampoline with weatherproof mat and tubular steel frame is suitable for indoor and outdoor use
Padded cover around mat cushions frame to prevent children from stepping through bungee cord
Handle screws off and legs fold down for easy storage
For ages 3 yrs. and up; max weight 77 lbs.

So another 27 pounds should take a little while...?

The first one's up to 80...

The Jumpolene does look cool. You can use it as a ballpit, too.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:06 am
Oh thanks!

That first one looks tiny so I didn't read too far into it. I guess it is considerably bigger than the photo clues you in on. I hate when they don't put in anything to scale an image like that!

I might just have to order that thing!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:07 am
It DOES look tiny. I looked for dimensions but couldn't find any.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:08 am
Oops. Right there:

Quote:
36Hx42Wx48L"

<squinting>

Oh, OK, that's largish.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:08 am
I hate that. I also noticed on amazon that there are often conflicting age recommendations for a product. That's annoying when trying to determine the best selection.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:17 am
After only reading the first page of this thread... ( sorry.. ) I had an idea for the ducklings AND little Mo -

http://www.delta-education.com/images/products/0242689.jpg

Bug viewers.

As EBeth said early on, if the duckletts are going to get some outside things like snowshoes, get some binoculars, and maybe some things like that bug viewer.

You can take afternoon walks and catch some small bugs , look at them, let them go , and go on a hunt for more.
Leaves, rocks, sticks.. all kinds of things will fit in there and make for a great outting for Duck and ducklets..

Little Mo , I know likes bugs.. if he doesnt have one... this may make a good gift idea as well?

They are 2.95 $ on this site.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:18 am
Ooooh. That's a great one and I bet my kids would love it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:22 am
Embarrassed

shewolf strikes again...

i just noticed..
this thread started last year..
sooo.... err.. how are those snow shoes coming along?
HAHAHAH
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:23 am
No, you're fine! I resurrected it for this season.

Didn't get the snow shoes. I got them leap pads and a dress up chest and a guitar. Now I'm glad because we are now living in a climate with very little snow.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:26 am
ooohh... good point..

so, maybe get them something along the lines of outside stuff..
maybe make a ' hiking package'

binoculars like beth suggested,bug viewers, little plastic walking sticks, water jugs, and a cheap microscope for them to bring things home to look at as well.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:29 am
They do have binoculars. I think binoculars and bug-catchers make a pretty good hiking kit. Good ideas!
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:09 am
<<I hate that. I also noticed on amazon that there are often conflicting age recommendations for a product. That's annoying when trying to determine the best selection.>>

That's frustrating - sometimes when I'm questionting the recommendation I look here, they have a lot of the "hot" toys broken out by age - maybe it will help! Smile
http://www1.toysrus.com/our/tru/prom/ggg/0-2yrs.cfm
0 Replies