How about a photography forum?

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 01:58 pm
I'd like to see a separate "Photography" forum on able2know. How about it you guys? Rolling Eyes cicerone imposter
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,403 • Replies: 32
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 02:00 pm
I warn you C.I., you do this and i'm inviting Boomerang.

akaRoger
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 07:18 pm
Hmm, of one's own photography? Or of other's.

One's own could go in original art (I count it as art) but I'm open to ideas.

Just lemme know what the consesus is.
0 Replies

Pharon

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 07:37 pm
Some start a poll!?
or should I??
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 07:54 pm
I guess one can consider photography as "original" art, but I'm not sure most people would make the connection. With the advent of the digital camera, and it's popularity, I think it deserves a forum of it's own. Lets see how the survey turns out; it's still very early in able2know's life, and we do have plenty of time.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 07:56 pm
Would the photos have to be no bigger than 80 pixels too???? I wanted to use one of my photos for an avatar but they're all too big. Boo!

I'd love a photography forum, too. I'm no artist but I love digital cameras and they take some pretty neat photos.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 07:57 pm
Yup, the problem is I don't have much time before I travel. So even if this is okayed maybe it will have to wait till I get back online.

Another point of interest is that I might setup some photo albums for the site when I get back online. That might make all the difference.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 07:59 pm
bandylu2 wrote:
Would the photos have to be no bigger than 80 pixels too???? I wanted to use one of my photos for an avatar but they're all too big. Boo!

I'd love a photography forum, too. I'm no artist but I love digital cameras and they take some pretty neat photos.

The photo album would not have the 80 by 80 restriction.

As to using your own photo for an avatar if there's anything I can do to help make an avatar out of one of them I'm willing to give it a shot.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 10:02 pm
Thanks, Craven, but I think you have enough to do right now. I have some photos posted in an album on Yahoo, but all are 90 pixels by something (I checked them before). I just thought maybe there was a way to recrop or resave them that would lower the pixel size (you can tell I really don't understand this computer stuff can't you).
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 10:04 pm
If you click on an avatar you will go to the avatar tutorial where I explain step by step how to recrop and such. It's really very easy. I swear!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 10:11 pm
I confess -- I didn't finish reading your tutorial last time (got as far as using your own photo and went dashing off to check out the size of mine). Just went to reread and sure enough, you've explained it quite simply. It's too late to try tonight (I'm getting tired and when I'm tired I'm awful at figuring out stuff), but I will try tomorrow. Thanks, Craven -- this really is a fun, fun place!!!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2002 02:59 pm
I vote for a photography forum, because I want to learn before I take it up.

I didn't get a digicam for my birthday, but maybe for Christmas?

I've got my fingers crossed:)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2002 03:19 pm
Photography does sound like a cool idea (by the way, boomerang was already invited here :-D). I vote for after Craven returns.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2002 07:45 pm
Oh my.

Do people have to be warned about me Roger!?

I too tried to put up a photo but couldn't get it sized correctly - I should try the tutorial too.

I'd would definately participate in a photography forum.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:55 am
I am just thinking that, IMO, photography really belongs in "Original Art". After all, it IS an art. Seems to me that once the site really gets going, that the pictures would be seen by more people if it stayed in the art category.

What about calling the category Original Art & Photography?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 07:34 am
Phoenix,

That would be really easy for me to implement. Would take about a minute to set up.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 03:44 pm
It is easy to recrop a picture to fit the 80 limit. I did it with our family crest. c.i.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 07:43 pm
would the photos posted be in the thread or in a seperate album?
0 Replies

Paola

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 08:38 pm
I'd love a photography forum, but would I have the time to participate?
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 09:03 pm
I'm udderly 4 it.
0 Replies