Nader

skot182

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:42 pm
Why didn't anyone vote for Nader? I mean com on... anyone is better than Bush, and this guy is in his 70's? so surley it was his last chance to be pres, if anything he should of got the sympathy votes!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 527 • Replies: 6
No top replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:51 pm
I voted for him. I thought it would be a landslide. I'm still surprised people voted for Bush or Kerry.

Actually, in my city office they had a bowl of candy and anyone who voted for Bush was allowed to take a piece. I thought it was really inappropriate, but I did consider, because I like candy.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 08:07 pm
Nader got a pretty decent number of votes for a third party candidate who wasn't across the entire US ballot. Let's face it, it's a two party system in a fifty party world.

Also, the libertarians didn't do as badly as before... Of course, that could simply be attributed to higher voter turnout.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:19 pm
I voted for David Cobb.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:07 pm
Nader was screwed by the Democrats - plain and simple.

Ask him, and he will tell you the same.

Since these political battles are, at least for the parties, far more about winning than about principle, the Dems saw Nader as an enormous threat to be removed, at all costs.

As they still blame him for Bush beating Gore, they were bound and determined to not let that happen this time. So, more than simply employing armies of lawyers to keep him off of ballots in key states, they propagated the notion among the would be faithful that a vote for Nader was a vote for Bush.

From a raw political standpoint it was quite clever, but from a standpoint of principle it was shameful.
0 Replies

skot182

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:08 am
SCoates wrote:
I voted for him. I thought it would be a landslide. I'm still surprised people voted for Bush or Kerry.

Actually, in my city office they had a bowl of candy and anyone who voted for Bush was allowed to take a piece. I thought it was really inappropriate, but I did consider, because I like candy.

Why not just say you voted busgh? They never would of know.

Maybe you could report them annonimously, say vote rigging, then they'll chuck bus out :-D
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:33 am
Quote:
Since these political battles are, at least for the parties, far more about winning than about principle,

That should read "at least for the Republican party and Karl Rove,"

See sneering reply below.

Joe
0 Replies