Baldimo

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:46 am
With the presidential election over and the results being soundly in PRESIDENT BUSHS favor will there be a civil war anytime soon?

There seems to be a division in this country that is either made up or real and the results of the election point to a slight division. Do we need another war here to prove which side should be in charge?

If there would be another civil war, who would win.

I happen to think it would be the conservatives due to the fact that a majority of liberals believe in gun control and probably don't own any weapons.

What's your opinion?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,336 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Thok

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:50 am
That's farfetched . Civil war. Surely not.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:51 am
My opinion is that you're a lunatic. Why you would want to open old wounds when there is a fresh wound you could rub salt in , is beyond me.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:53 am
panzade wrote:
My opinion is that you're a lunatic. Why you would want to open old wounds when there is a fresh wound you could rub salt in , is beyond me.

How would this be opening an old wound? This wouldn't be fought about slavery (which wasn't the primary focus of the war any ways) or states rights (true reason for civil war), it would be about different issues and more based on ideology then anything else. It is the fresh wound in which I refer to.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:00 am
Why have a war? Let's just let Kerry be president of the blue states and GW be president of the red ones? An amiable parting of ways.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:01 am
panzade wrote:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=993386#993386
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:01 am
Baldimo wrote:
panzade wrote:

How would this be opening an old wound? This wouldn't be fought about slavery (which wasn't the primary focus of the war any ways) or states rights (true reason for civil war), it would be about different issues and more based on ideology then anything else. It is the fresh wound in which I refer to.

Correct. The civil war was about state rights to legally endorse slavery.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:04 am
Don't bother Cav, Baldimo's grasp of History only extends to the last few episodes of "Dynasty"
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:05 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=993386#993386

Tell me something I don't know. There are plenty of lunatics on both sides of the aisle.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:09 am
panzade wrote:
Don't bother Cav, Baldimo's grasp of History only extends to the last few episodes of "Dynasty"

I never watched Dynasty, I watched The Fall Guy! Laughing

Why is it you people always seem to want to insult someone's intelligence when it comes to disagreeing on an issue? I never stated it wasn't part of the issue, just part of it. If you would have removed slavery as an issue, we still would have had a civil war based on states rights. To claim slavery as the sole issue is PC revisionist history and nothing more. With the liberals holding control over the school systems, it is no wonder people think this way. Read a book and learn the truth.
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:13 am
There will be a civil war in 4 years when Bush declares marshal law in order to extend his rule
or should I say Carl Rove's rule as he is the Edgar Bergan to Bush's Mortemer Snerd
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:14 am
Well, I watched Rockford Files so I'm the smartest. Neener neener neener.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:22 am
As Ticomaya has linked to a thread I posted on, some clarification is necessary. As I said earlier on a previous thread, the situation in this country is approaching that of the 1850's, a bitterly, and regionally divided nation on issues that are not only economic but social, with both sides taking absolutist positions. The last time were were in this state, a bloody civil war was the only means we could find to resolve the issue. And that experience should guide our behavior in the present controversy.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 07:35 pm
I am pretty sure we've had elections in the past in which the country was divided. I don't remember a Civil War rising over it though...
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 07:37 pm
Child of the Light wrote:
I am pretty sure we've had elections in the past in which the country was divided. I don't remember a Civil War rising over it though...

Try the election of 1860.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 07:40 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
Child of the Light wrote:

Try the election of 1860.

So that is 1 out of 30 or so? Odds in favor of me I'd say.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 07:48 pm
Baldimo, speculating on who would win a war between the liberals and conservatives, wrote:
I happen to think it would be the conservatives due to the fact that a majority of liberals believe in gun control and probably don't own any weapons.

The liberals would win with relative ease, Baldimo, even without guns. And actually one liberal would be adequate to win such a war.

The conservatives, armed to the teeth, would charge en masse, hooting and hollering and looking for liberals to kill. The lone liberal would sidle up and say, "Psssst, they went that way" and then laugh with glee as the conservatives stormed off the edge of the cliff.
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 07:54 pm
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 07:55 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

The conservatives, armed to the teeth, would charge en masse, hooting and hollering and looking for liberals to kill. The lone liberal would sidle up and say, "Psssst, they went that way" and then laugh with glee as the conservatives stormed off the edge of the cliff.

Come on dude, that would never work. Conservatives aren't ignorant, close minded, idiots...

Good point Gus.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 09:06 pm
I don't know about a Civil War, but should things continue down the current path, I could see another American Revolution in 30 or so years.
0 Replies