Young People Get What They Deserve

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 09:39 am
according to polls...the youth vote stood politics up at the altar again this year....record numbers of youngsters registered...record numbers of young people had strong beliefs.....but they just couldn't quite put down the remote and the bong and get to the polls.....even the 30 to 40 year olds stayed home more than in 2000 by 5% ....shameful.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,430 • Replies: 20
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 09:48 am
I agree BPB. It is shameful that our citizens take our right to vote for granted. I think too many people think about having to stand in a line for more than 5 minutes is too much to ask of them in order to have their voices heard.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 09:51 am
<shaking head>
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 09:56 am
Agreed.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:10 am
They'll learn, BPB. After all, the first vote I ever cast was for Nixon.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:36 am
Did I read or hear that only 17% of the 18-29 age demographic voted.........If so, that's a disgrace!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:37 am
Eva wrote:
They'll learn, BPB. After all, the first vote I ever cast was for Nixon.

at least you voted....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:37 am
17% is the correct figure....
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 01:23 pm
So much for the P DIDDY crowd, VOTE OR DIE.

Well, when is the funeral, they certainly help kill Kerry.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 01:25 pm
I am 27 and I voted!
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 01:28 pm
May I ask, for which candidate?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 01:29 pm
Bush. I don't trust Kerry. I am not a republican but I don't trust Kerry one bit.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 01:35 pm
Well, without a substantial income, no mortgage, no kids, no MONEY, why should we care?

I mean, that's what the election is all about, right? Keeping your money? Voting for what will personally benefit you, even if it means nuclear proliferation and a mess in Iraq, and a crappy economy. That's why Bush was voted in again, because even middle class f***tards in Arkansas think they're going to own a corporation some day, as long as we keep a Republican in office.

It's why many people vote Republican; it's why many young people don't vote.

I am 25 and I voted and I am vowing four years of cynicism four times as bitter as before.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 08:50 am
Hell, I'm 48 and I voted and I'm beginning to wonder if the kids don't have it right. After all, a majority in this country are clearly wildly insane, foolishly irrational, beguiled by their religious imams or easily lead by the nose through other means.

Maybe it's time for the West Coast to secede from what appears to be a downward-bound country headed for theocracy.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:18 am
blacksmithn wrote:
Hell, I'm 48 and I voted and I'm beginning to wonder if the kids don't have it right. After all, a majority in this country are clearly wildly insane, foolishly irrational, beguiled by their religious imams or easily lead by the nose through other means.

Maybe it's time for the West Coast to secede from what appears to be a downward-bound country headed for theocracy.

Here is an alternative to secession.

The Dems would have a chance at winning an election IF they stop insulting the beliefs of the majority of voters and craft a campaign advocating what the majority believe.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:22 am
Sorry, I'm not interested in enshrining discrimination in the Constitution, consulting some mythical figure to tell me what's moral or inserting the government between a woman and her physician. Nor am I much interested in those who embrace any of that, except to stare at in disbelief.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:33 am
blacksmithn wrote:
Sorry, I'm not interested in enshrining discrimination in the Constitution, consulting some mythical figure to tell me what's moral or inserting the government between a woman and her physician. Nor am I much interested in those who embrace any of that, except to stare at in disbelief.

O.K. for you, that is your right. But it does not translate into winning elections.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:46 am
Neither am I much interested in winning by becoming more religious, more bigoted, and more hypocritical than the other guy...
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:50 am
blacksmithn wrote:
Neither am I much interested in winning by becoming more religious, more bigoted, and more hypocritical than the other guy...

Fine, but you will still complain about losing, no?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:51 am
Larry434 wrote:
blacksmithn wrote:

O.K. for you, that is your right. But it does not translate into winning elections.

and winning is all that matters....at the cost of everything and anything....and THAT my friend blacksmithn is where we, the entire country have gone wrong....we are more concerned with bending the law as far as possible without breakingi it than we are maintaining the spirit of the law...
0 Replies