The People Have Spoken "BUSH!"

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 08:05 am
Seems awfully quiet around here. I'm not sure where everyone has gone. But, a quick check of the latest election tallies may give some indication. Not only is President Bush leading the vote count in Ohio by 136,221 (CNN) votes, but he leads in New Mexico and Iowa as well, and he siezed an over 3.5 million vote lead in the popular vote.
What happened? Didn't the oppressed masses turn out in record numbers (estimated over 15 million from last election) to oust such an incompetent, misleading commander-in-chief. Didn't they hear about Kerry's overwhelming support from people in Europe, or Chirac and Schroeder's preference of the pretender over the president? How can it be that the president gained ground in every electoral demographic group, except for the African-American vote, and of course the Islamic vote?

Tsk, tsk.

Not only that, but last night witnessed the conclusive rout of Sen. Tom Daschle by John Thune (wryly ironic as I rather liked the guy). That race being just one of the races in South Dakota, North and South Carolina, Georgia, and Louisiana where the Republican party widened their lead in the senate by a greater number than in the 2002 election. The GOP also extended their control of the House.
Since the prevaling sentiment of members of this site is almost universally anti-Bush, anti-conservative, pro-France then it should be safe to say that the people have spoken and many here have proven to be the loud and clamoring minority.
I guess, all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Kerry and the Dems back together again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,033 • Replies: 17
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 08:32 am
Indeed the people have spoken and the earth is flat by concensus.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 08:35 am
Lusatian, you're safe now. Run to George. The big mean terrorist won't get you.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 09:06 am
Do you consider African-Americans terrorists?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:08 am
I hate to be reasonable at a time like this, but having a population split by 51% to 49% isn't good no matter who wins.

We were no better off in this election than we were in 2000, both candidates were only slightly preferable to a toothache.

What would have happened if John McCain has been running instead of Bush? Why must we be forced to choose between (to quote JibJab) a "liberal sissy" and a "right wing nutjob"?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:32 am
dyslexia wrote:
Indeed the people have spoken and the earth is flat by concensus.

Brilliant, dys. I am nominating that for A2KPOD.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:33 am
Good choice Eva!
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:36 am
"The Bushies' campaign pitch follows their usual backward logic: Because we have failed to make you safe, you should re-elect us to make you safer. Because we haven't caught Osama in three years, you need us to catch Osama in the next four years. Because we didn't bother to secure explosives in Iraq, you can count on us to make sure those explosives aren't used against you. "
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:44 am
9/11 filled me with dread; 11/2 has filled me with disgust.
But it is possible (to put a positive spin on tragedy) that this may be the beginning of a more aggressive Progressivism, something that would be less likely had Kerry won. But at least we would not have had to put up with the national shame of Bush's insanities.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:45 am
Presidential Race
President: George Bush (Republican)

Senate split
Republicans: 55
Democrats: 44
Independent: 1

House Split
Republicans: 232
Democrats: 202

If you find yourself wailing and moaning "How could he have won? The Republicans don't represent 'The People' " I ask you to step back and take an objective look at your views and ask if it may be YOU who is 'out of touch' with the true feelings of 'The People'.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:46 am
Federal - I don't think any of us has said any such thing.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:56 am
Fedral. I am wailing and moaning at the realization that America has shown itself to be so unsophisticated, so mindless, so subject to propaganda. But I am relieved to know that, while I am "out of touch" with the mindless majority, I am in the company of millions of fellow Americans.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:03 am
JLNobody wrote:
Fedral. I am wailing and moaning at the realization that America has shown itself to be so unsophisticated, so mindless, so subject to propaganda. But I am relieved to know that, while I am "out of touch" with the mindless majority, I am in the company of millions of fellow Americans.

There was a comedian who used to sing a little song that went something like this:

"If you've been married 7 time... it just might be YOU"

In other words, if you find yourself on the down side issues all the time, just consider that you MAY be in the wrong. Oh I'm sorry, Liberals are NEVER wrong Rolling Eyes and if you disagree with their views then you are just a racist, fascist, <insert epithet here>.

Have you ever even considered that you could hold views that are so outside the 'norm' that you are the outsider and THAT"S the reason your side keeps losing?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:05 am
Come the day that I feel lock-step in touch with the "real people" or as they used to say the "moral majority" I shall take a shotgun and disconnect my brain. I tried to support "our president" but I couldn't fine the off switch for my brain. Extreme times require extreme measures. I am one of those elite liberals.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 11:07 am
Fedral, that's ignorant. This is not about "sides" or "outsiders." It's about trying to remove an unstable shithead tyrant from the highest office in the United States. Bush is a danger to the world.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:13 pm
Fedral, I hope you do not feel "out of touch" with the norm of this thread.
0 Replies

Runamuck

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:15 pm
Fedral wrote:
JLNobody wrote:

There was a comedian who used to sing a little song that went something like this:

"If you've been married 7 time... it just might be YOU"

In other words, if you find yourself on the down side issues all the time, just consider that you MAY be in the wrong. Oh I'm sorry, Liberals are NEVER wrong Rolling Eyes and if you disagree with their views then you are just a racist, fascist, <insert epithet here>.

Have you ever even considered that you could hold views that are so outside the 'norm' that you are the outsider and THAT"S the reason your side keeps losing?

Couldnt of said it better myself.. Good Post
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:16 pm
The People Have Spoken All right

"Save Me Daddy I'm Scared"
0 Replies