Where is the neurological locus of action?

Beanxx

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 12:48 pm
In the chain between plan and execution, after I have imagined raising my hand, and after I have decided to lift my hand, but before the motor regions orchestrate performance, I lift my hand. Where in the brain does that last impulse take place? And what neurotransmitter[s?] compose it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,305 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 06:33 pm
@Beanxx,
Beanxx wrote:

In the chain between plan and execution, after I have imagined raising my hand, and after I have decided to lift my hand, but before the motor regions orchestrate performance, I lift my hand. Where in the brain does that last impulse take place? And what neurotransmitter[s?] compose it?

Depends on the time of day and if you are hungover or not. Also if it's to display your middle finger, no neurotransmitter required, its pure muscle memory.

Frontal lobe in the primary motor cortex. The transmitters involved can be diverse. Based on why the arm is being raised. Out of response? proprioceptors? In a dream? Phantom limb? Hanging upside down? All use different transmitters.
0 Replies