More proof of media bias - NBC this time!

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 12:28 am
Tom Brokaw interviewed both President Bush and John Kerry (catching them on the campaign trail) for an NBC Dateline piece that aired tonight.

The actual interview of Kerry took place, I believe on 10/28.

Seeing the promotion for the Dateline piece several days ago, and knowing MSNBC's habit of archiving all or part of interview transcripts and posting them on their site early, I went to the site last week to see what was said in the interview and what to expect Sunday (tonight).

This is where it gets interesting. They had almost the whole interview up on the MSNBC site and one question and answer struck me:

Quote:
Brokaw: Someone has analyzed the President's military aptitude tests and yours, and concluded that he has a higher IQ than you do.

Kerry: That's great. More power. I don't know how they've done it, because my record is not public. So I don't know where you're getting that from.

Then, tonight, I watched Dateline and when Brokaw got to that question in the Kerry interview, Kerry simply answered:

Quote:
Brokaw: Someone has analyzed the President's military aptitude tests and yours, and concluded that he has a higher IQ than you do.

Kerry: That's great. More power. I don't know how they've done it.

Having read the original question and answer days ago, I was of course waiting for the rest of the answer. Nothing.

Going to tonight's transcript of the interview on their website, it does indeed leave out the part where he says "...because my record is not public. So I don't know where you're getting that from."

As most who read any of the threads on this forum are aware, Kerry's refusal to release his records has caused some discussion.

It's not lost on me that NBC and Brokaw perhaps in particular knows this is somewhat a bone of contention among the voting public and purposely edited out Kerry's words reminding us of his refusal to release these records.

What's odd is their sloppy work.

The original transcript (unabridged answer) is still up on MSNBC - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6354942/

...and so is the transcript where they've edited out the incriminating words - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6363856/

I can think of no other reason for such careful editing. Kerry's complete answer would have taken perhaps 1.5 seconds longer than the edited version, so it wasn't in the interest of time.

I'm more than a bit disgusted, but realize emailing or snail-mailing any type of protest would fall on deaf ears. They have their agenda and it's obvious.

<edited to fix link>
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 535 • Replies: 9
No top replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 02:13 am
Amazing find! I'm very surprised that NBC still has the links up there, right where everyone can see them.

Kerry has a part of his military record that he refuses to release, yet if we question why, we are part of a dirty tricks campaign. If voters want to know why part of his military record is not public, libs tell us we are engaging in an attack on Kerry.

Kerry is a very scary man from a very scary party. It fits, in the spirit of Halloween and all.....
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:39 am
Great sleuthing, J.W. I'm waiting for the apologists' replies.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:43 am
actually kerry has a point. if kerry's military record is not public how would they know whose military apptitude iq thing is higher?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:54 am
JustWonders, your second link doesn't work. "Too many redirects." So for all I know this is like cjhsa being all scandalized that Kerry said Chris Reeve called him on Saturday when Reeve had gone into the hospital Thursday night. (In fact, the purported proof said no such thing.)

I got to your first link through the MSNBC homepage, don't see why it would be "old".

Meanwhile, that's questioning whether this happened at all, but if so, how is it "incriminating"? This seems like an awfully small thing to get het up about.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 08:48 am
I fixed the link. It's not a big deal except for the fact that Kerry has repeatedly said he's released all his records and this "selective" editing proves otherwise.

If they'd left the complete answer in, Brokaw's next logical question would have had to be "well, why haven't you released all your records?"
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:06 am
OK, thanks for fixing the link.

I have tried to find where Kerry has "repeatedly" said he's released "all" of his records, and so far have only seen reference on conservative sites like CNS.

He's released a lot of records, I just don't know about "all" or whether he's repeatedly said so.

I did find this, a listing of what appears to be an awful lot of records:

http://www.awolbush.com/kerry-vs-bush.asp

I dunno. Not a big deal, I agree. But thanks for fixing the link and giving us something to go on.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:29 am
It doesn't appear to be a big deal to those that support Kerry. Perhaps they're in denial since none seem to be curious enough to ask him why his record is not public. He's running for the highest office in the land. He's not willing to make his record public - at least not in its entirety.

What do you suppose he's hiding? What is it, do you suppose, that he doesn't want us to see?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:32 am
Bush didn't actually make his entire record (or what was left of it) public until well into his presidency.
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 12:22 am
Yup. But dere it is.....

I wonder if Kerry will eventually release all of his military records if he is elected president? Or if he simply stays a senator?
0 Replies