Only Two Possible Answers

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 06:02 pm
in your heart of hearts....regardless of who you support...who do you believe will be president until the 2008 elections....

bush or Kerry?

I believe it will be bush...it breaks my heart.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,528 • Replies: 21
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 06:08 pm
I think I agree, Bear. I still have hope, but the cynic in me says that the Bush campaign is running very well by playing us for the fools that we are.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 06:18 pm
I am very worried, but I have to have faith that Kerry is gonna take it.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 09:16 pm
Well, I think Bush will pull it out by the skin of his teeth, but I would not be at all surprised if Kerry did.

It will probably come down to who has the better lawyers. Smile
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 09:19 pm
Wait, I think I have changed my mind. I really think Kerry will pull it out by a nose. Just a hunch.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 09:20 pm
No wait, Bush.....no Kerry......aw shucks, I really really think it will be Bush...or Kerry......crap, I don't care, just let it be over.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 09:33 pm
Kerry/Edwards.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 09:36 pm
Kerry will win, I am almost certain. This is why...

1. The war in Iraq is increasingly unpopular and the bad news that Bush keeps denying continues to be in the news nightly.

2. The stock market is down for both Bush's term, and for the past year. This is a very good indicator for a presidents defeat. (Gas prices are also up which is another easy number on which people base their feelings about how the economy is doing.)

3. Kerry has passed the minimum test of acceptability during the debates, and the race is now about Bush.

4. People who want Bush out have more of a motivation to actually make it to the polls than people who are sure that God will esure his victory.

5. Undecided voters historically break for the challenger.

6. Experts (including a Republican pollster this morning) will concede that the poll numbers are slanted toward Bush and the election results will favor Kerry.

7. Everybody sees Kerry as an underdog. An ABC news poll said that 53% of respondants think Bush will win compared with 32% who think Kerry will win (this is very different from asking who they support).

Everyone loves an underdog. Desparate Democrats are more motivated than smug Republicans.

8. There is a record number of people registered to vote for the first time. This almost certainly is a good thing for the challenger.

9. The Red Sox won and the Redskins lost.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 10:31 pm
Must Americans register before every election?
Do federal elections coincide with municiple and state elections?

I fear Bush will win. I've watched and listened to far too many people who bought the iraq/terrorist propaganda hook, line and sinker. These people seem to be motivated by a scary us against them attitude. That includes fellow citizens who they fear will challenge their way of life, ie... gay marriage. Issues that are blown way out of perspective and given way too much importance. Bush supporters have turned a blind eye to the economy, health care concerns, education ect in favour of spouting the company line.
0 Replies

rainforest

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 10:47 pm
Both Gallup and Pew polls are showing that Kerry is leading amongst the independents.

I am sure Kerry will win.

Hello there, Gezzy ;-))
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 02:16 am
I have a vast amount of trust in the wisdom of the voting public, which is why I'm convinced that President Bush will be reelected.....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 04:50 am
If it were based upon a minimal intelligence requirement, kERRY WOULD BE A SHO-IN. sINCE ITS A TEST of dirty tricks, cynical handlers, and constant repetition of lies as a campaign strategy, Bush will probably win. Im just surprised at how gullible the public is.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 05:09 am
Be not afraid.
Get up early and vote.

Kerry wins.

Joe Nation
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 05:29 am
Kerry will win. Bush approval rating per Hardball last night was in the upper 40's. Also said exit polls in one state for early voters falling 3-5 in Kerry's favor. Another state said 60% early voters were Kerry voters.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 05:42 am
I shall vote my conscience.....but I will not put it in God's hands. Not that one who told bush no casualties anyway, but the one who told me that if it was just oral it's not really adultery.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 06:54 am
Kerry will win. His electoral vote count will be over 300 which is misleading as his popular vote margin will probably be under 500,000. It is going to be razor thin.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:59 am
Condie Rice was still pushing the WMD issue in Pittsburgh last week and the people were cheering.
Remember barnums observation.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:08 am
Remember Lincoln's observation
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 10:52 am
Ceili was looking for answers to these questions when she wrote:
Must Americans register before every election?
Do federal elections coincide with municiple and state elections?

1.) Not if you haven't changed addresses

2.) There is some overlap

And one of two things will happen. Bush will win a very close, hotly contested battle, or Kerry in a landslide.

Let's hope for the latter.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 02:05 pm
rainforest wrote:
Both Gallup and Pew polls are showing that Kerry is leading amongst the independents.

I am sure Kerry will win.

Hello there, Gezzy ;-))

Hey there rainforest. How goes it? ;-)
0 Replies